Where will O&A go next?

TimTimSalabim

Oct 17, 2008
Sports talk (and play-by-play) is definitely their strong suit right now, although even most of that is not unique to Sirius. I just don't see much innovation lately, especially when it comes to original content. Meyer is an operations guy who just seems interested in cutting costs and hiring people on the cheap, not a radio visionary. It reminds me of when Scully took over Apple.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Yes they do. Martha is down to one show a week on Stars 109 I think. Oprah still has her own channel on XM or if you pay extra on the Sirius platform. They are adding talent on Mad Dog 85 all the time, they just announced Stephen A Smith is coming sept 1st, so I think Anthony is just blowing smoke while taking a jab at management.

RadioInsight — Stephen A. Smith Moves To SiriusXM
Yeah, sour grapes are a possibility.

Reactions: microbob

microbob

Oct 14, 2008
Sports talk (and play-by-play) is definitely their strong suit right now, although even most of that is not unique to Sirius. I just don't see much innovation lately, especially when it comes to original content. Meyer is an operations guy who just seems interested in cutting costs and hiring people on the cheap, not a radio visionary. It reminds me of when Scully took over Apple.

That was Mel Karmazin's style and Meyer was his number 2 guy. He cut talent to the bone after the merger, while increasing the number of sales staff . As long as sub numbers are increasing that is all that matters. Liberty Media now owns %56 of Sirius so they own the company and they will not sell it unless the price is right. Apple will not be their buyer.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I listened to a replay on Sunday. Opie was talking about how he & Anthony rarely talked when they were not on air.

Anthony seems to be acting like the uneducated person That he is.

I'm uneducated, so I can say that.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH

Radio Personality Anthony Cumia of 'Opie and Anthony' Fame Selling $3.1M NY Home​

The radio shock-jock Anthony Cumia has listed his shockingly nice home in Roslyn Heights, NY, for $3.1 million. He purchased the property in 2006.​

The controversial radio personality, a native of Queens, purchased the Long Island abode in 2006 for $2.9 million.

Cumia, 59, is best known as the co-host of “The Opie and Anthony Show” with Gregg “Opie” Hughes, which aired from 1995 to 2014 on terrestrial and satellite radio. After he was fired from Sirius XM Radio for a racist tirade on Twitter in 2014, Cumia started his own podcast, which he broadcast from his home studio.

The show was offered through his subscription network, Compound Media. The network added more shows and expanded to a New York City studio.