Who Am I? Week #507

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
Welcome to the 507th edition of Who Am I?, the weekly game where I dish out a daily clue to a subject and you have to guess who or what it is.

Every day, the clues get easier. The winner of this week's game gets a piece of my gratitude.

This week's subject is a PERSON.

CLUE #1: I started my entertainment career outside of the 48 continuous states.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
It drives me crazy to hear people talk about "the lower 48." Does that mean every state except Maine and Alaska? What they mean is the 48 contiguous states. Mister chuck came up with a new term: "the 48 continuous states." But I knew what he meant. Actually, since no state has ever lost its statehood, each of the 50 states is continuous.

And now for my good guess: Honolulu-born Yvonne Elliman, who played Mary Magdalene in Jesus Christ Superstar and had a number-one hit in 1978 with If I Can't Have You.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
And I think we're all assuming the entertainer was born in Hawai'i or Alaska. That may not be the case. The person who began his career outside the 48 contiguous states could have been born anywhere in the world. Oooh, this one might turn out to be another stumper.

Full disclosure: I was born in one of the 48 contemptuous states. :p

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
It drives me crazy to hear people talk about "the lower 48." Does that mean every state except Maine and Alaska? What they mean is the 48 contiguous states. Mister chuck came up with a new term: "the 48 continuous states." But I knew what he meant. Actually, since no state has ever lost its statehood, each of the 50 states is continuous.

And now for my good guess: Honolulu-born Yvonne Elliman, who played Mary Magdalene in Jesus Christ Superstar and had a number-one hit in 1978 with If I Can't Have You.
Crapping on someone who takes the time to entertain us with a thoughtful game every week is probably not the most prudent thing to do.
And I think we're all assuming the entertainer was born in Hawai'i or Alaska. That may not be the case. The person who began his career outside the 48 contiguous states could have been born anywhere in the world.
Yes, but the clue implies it's in the US. Perhaps Puerto Rico or Guam.

Reactions: Aaron and HecticArt

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
Wendy Williams

Congrats, Scotch!

It's "shock jockette" and TV host Wendy Williams. She began her radio career in the Virgin Islands in the 1980s and eventually ended up working in Washington, DC and finally, New York City. Her TV talk show debuted in 2008. Last year, Williams announced that she was living in a sober house because of her drug issues.

The final clue was an event from last week when she poked fun of Drew Carey's ex-fiancee Amy Harwick's death by screaming "COME ON DOWN!" as a joke since she was pushed off a balcony. The joke ended up in silence and lots of negative attention on social media.

1582752665822.png

New game next week!