Who Am I? Week #515

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
How about singers with kids who are singers? No, never mind. By the way, only one family had three generations of singers with number-one hits: Ozzie Nelson (And Then Some), Rick Nelson (Poor Little Fool, Travelin' Man) and Matthew & Gunnar Nelson (Love & Affection).

My dumb guess for today is 1940s-50s singers who didn't use their real first names: Francis, Nathaniel, Hiram. There was also Vito "Vic" Damone, Lindley "Spike" Jones, Harry "Bing" Crosby and two singers who went by their middle name: Orvon Gene Autry and Daniel Louis Armstrong.

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
Singers who recorded with their children.

Congrats, Scotchandcigar!

The answer was "artists who recorded hit songs with their children". First off, we have Frank Sinatra, who recorded the #1 hit "Somethin' Stupid" with his daughter Nancy in 1967.

The second clue was Nat "King" Cole. A heavy smoker, he died in 1965 at the age of 45. In 1991, he returned to the Top 40 with his virtual duet with daughter Natalie with a re-working of his 1951 hit "Unforgettable".

Hank Williams, Sr. died in 1953 at the age of 29 from a mix of prescription drugs and alcohol, leaving behind three-year-old Hank, Jr. In 1988, Jr. scored a top ten country hit with his virtual father-son duet of "Tear In My Beer".

The official final clue was going to be Billy Ray Cyrus. His 2007 duet with daughter Miley "Ready, Set, Don't Go" peaked at #4 on the Country charts and #37 on the Top 40 charts.

Honorable mention goes to Helen Reddy, whose 1974 #9 hit "You and Me Against the World" featured her daughter Traci.

New game next week!

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Conway Twitty's 1984 number-one country hit I Don't Know A Thing About Love featured harmony vocals by his daughter Joni Lee. In 1974, Bobby Bare had a #2 country hit and #41 pop hit with Daddy, What If, which featured his five-year-old son, Bobby Jr. Here is a live performance. Say it with me: "Awwwww!!!"

Reactions: kingchuck69

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
"Who am I?" I am the youngest singer to ever appear on a recording by one of my parents. Give up? Aww, you give up too easily. In 2012, two days after Beyoncé gave birth to Jay-Z's daughter Blue Ivy Carter, the infant's crying appeared at the end of Jay-Z's Glory, a song which was made available on his LifeAndTimes.com website and features background vocals by Pharrell Williams.

Reactions: kingchuck69

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Through the magic of recording-studio technology, Hank Williams and Nat "King" Cole were able to sing duets with their children. Here is another one: In 2007, thirty years after Elvis Presley died, his daughter Lisa Marie sang with him on a remake of the 1969 hit In The Ghetto (written by Mac Davis). The song made it only to #116 on the Billboard chart. Here it is. Hurry and listen! I would say watch the video but the constant jerky motion will give you a headache. It must have been filmed by the same cameramen who did The Blair Witch Project.