Who Am I? Week #534

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
Welcome to the 534th edition of Who Am I?, the weekly game where I dish out a daily clue to a subject and you have to guess who or what it is.

Every day, the clues get easier. The winner of this week's game gets a piece of my gratitude.

This week's subject is a THING.

CLUE #1: My roots go back to a farm machinery company in the 1920s.

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
Delta Airlines

Congrats, HecticArt!

It's Delta Air Lines, the popular air carrier based in Atlanta. Their roots go back to 1925 in Macon, GA with a company called Huff Daland Dusters, Inc., which manufactured and flew crop dusting planes. Just four years later, they started taking passengers.

Over the years, they acquired several carriers, including Northeast, Northwest and Western. As a result, they have nine hubs, including Atlanta, Boston, Detroit, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York (JFK), New York (LaGuardia), Salt Lake City and Seattle.

delta-airlines-things-to-know.jpg

New game next week!

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
When I first saw Delta Airlines, I thought it was as dumb as Coca-Cola (no offense). But when I looked it up, I saw the thing about the crop dusters. Doy! I was on the wrong track. Nice job Hectic, great game King!

Reactions: kingchuck69

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
(no offense)
I'll take it as a compliment.
When I first saw Delta Airlines, I thought it was as dumb as Coca-Cola
When I saw Coke, I thought it was a good answer, but probably too obvious.
When I saw Delta, I thought it was probably going to be a swing and a miss. I used it so I could post an answer and leave for work.
Total luck.

Reactions: kingchuck69