Who's in/Who's out?

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Click on this link after the final games next week to see the post season schedule.

NFL Schedule: Playoffs

Still some good games the last week. Will the Panthers clinch their divison, or will New Orleans play spoiler? Which one and done team wins the AFC West? Can the Eagles recover and beat Dallas? Can the Texans finish at .500? Lots of good football left!

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Still some good games the last week. Will the Panthers clinch their divison, or will New Orleans play spoiler? Which one and done team wins the AFC West? Can the Eagles recover and beat Dallas? Can the Texans finish at .500? Lots of good football left!

What's sad is that a 8 win San Diego team can get into the playoffs while a 10 win New York, New England, or Miami team will stay at home...:wtf:

:)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I've read your thread...:right:

I think it should be the top eight teams in each conference, IMHO...:)

I like the 6 idea as it is more exciting to eliminate a semi-deserving team than to include a borderline team in terms of playoff races. The problem right now is you have 2 sucky teams that will make the playoffs (Arizona and one of Denver/SD).

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
San Diego might get in with only 8 wins, but I wouldn't want to play them in the first round if I were the Colts. Chargers have been playing some pretty good football lately and they could make some noise if they get into the postseason.

Plus, their record might not be a good indicator of how good they are. Remember that Week 2 game against Denver where they were screwed by Ed Hochuli? And in their 8 losses this season, they've lost by a combined 34 points. If I'm the Colts, I'm rooting for Denver next week.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
San Diego might get in with only 8 wins, but I wouldn't want to play them in the first round if I were the Colts. Chargers have been playing some pretty good football lately and they could make some noise if they get into the postseason.

The past few years the Chargers have owned the Colts. I don't think that's the case this year...:right:

The Colts have won 8 in a row...:wtf:

:)

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I've read your thread...:right:

I think it should be the top eight teams in each conference, IMHO...:)

I think 16 teams would be a little overkill. That'd mean half the league would make the playoffs. The regular season would be almost irrelevant.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Before Monday nights game:

WEST: San Diego (7-8) and Denver (8-7) play Sunday for the division title.

EAST: If Miami (10-5) beats the Jets (9-6) on Sunday, it wins the division. If the Jets win and the Patriots (10-5) win at Buffalo, New England wins the division. If the Patriots lose and the Jets win, the Jets win the division.

SOUTH: Tennessee (13-2) has clinched the division and home-field advantage.

NORTH: Pittsburgh (11-4) has clinched.

WILD CARD: Indianapolis (11-4) has clinched a berth. Baltimore (10-5) holds the tiebreaker over the Patriots.

NFC

WEST: Arizona (8-7) has clinched.

EAST: The Giants (12-3) have clinched the division and home-field advantage.

SOUTH: Carolina (11-4) and Atlanta (10-5) have clinched playoff spots.

NORTH: Minnesota (9-6) clinches if Chicago (8-6) loses tonight against Green Bay.

WILD CARD: Dallas (9-6) clinches with a win over Philadelphia (8-6-1) on Sunday. If the Eagles win, Tampa Bay (9-6) loses, and the Bears (8-6) lose once, the Eagles clinch.

-- Associated Press

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I like the 6 idea as it is more exciting to eliminate a semi-deserving team than to include a borderline team in terms of playoff races. The problem right now is you have 2 sucky teams that will make the playoffs (Arizona and one of Denver/SD).

I like the old 5 team playoff system then the one they use new. The 3 division winners & 2 wild cards. But the NFL went to 4 wild card game for the money.

8 teams would mean nobody can rest on their regular season records...:)

EAST: If Miami (10-5) beats the Jets (9-6) on Sunday, it wins the division. If the Jets win and the Patriots (10-5) win at Buffalo, New England wins the division. If the Patriots lose and the Jets win, the Jets win the division.

SOUTH: Tennessee (13-2) has clinched the division and home-field advantage.

NORTH: Pittsburgh (11-4) has clinched.

WILD CARD: Indianapolis (11-4) has clinched a berth. Baltimore (10-5) holds the tiebreaker over the Patriots.

That after Miami finished 1-15 last year...:shock:
Posted via Mobile Device