Why do old act have to fade away?

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
They don't have to fade away. They could just get younger member and have overseers that can keep the band in same vain of music that they started with :idea:

Soon, all the members of The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who, will all be gone. They should find a way to keep the bands around for ages to come ;)

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
They don't have to fade away. They could just get younger member and have overseers that can keep the band in same vain of music that they started with :idea:

Soon, all the members of The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who, will all be gone. They should find a way to keep the bands around for ages to come ;)

I think if Keith Richards isn't dead by now, it ain't happening. When they drop the big one it's gonna be the roaches, ants and Keith Richards left, that's it.

Seriously, it's good that the bands fade away because they can be remembered in history without having their legacy tarnished. Although it might be a little late for the Who after their performance at the Super Bowl last year. The Temptations are still together, but it's none of the original members because they're all dead. I don't want to see that.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
The Cleveland Browns are still around :shock:

New Temptations would be cool. The Killers could change their name to The Who, and there you go :cool:
Posted via Mobile Device

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
"People keep talking about it as if it's the end of the earth...
You have all the old records there if you want to reminisce."
-- John Lennon

My brother and I were having that discussion the other day... there's not many legendary bands that you could reunite with all the classic lineups. Too many musicians have passed. Beatles, Zeppelin, The Who, The Beach Boys, Chicago, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, The Doors...

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
The only old guy band I've ever seen perform live is the Eagles on the Hell Freezes Over tour. Beyond that I don't know if I'd want to see an older band perform unless they have some new material, I don't want to see a greatest hits concert. I like to see the older musicians do something new like what Robert Plant is doing with Alison Krauss (great album, btw, if you don't have it I highly recommend it.)
Posted via Mobile Device

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
You tell me that you've heard every sound there is
And your bird can swing
But you can't hear me, you can't hear me
Posted via Mobile Device

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I think if Keith Richards isn't dead by now, it ain't happening. When they drop the big one it's gonna be the roaches, ants and Keith Richards left, that's it.

Seriously, it's good that the bands fade away because they can be remembered in history without having their legacy tarnished. Although it might be a little late for the Who after their performance at the Super Bowl last year. The Temptations are still together, but it's none of the original members because they're all dead. I don't want to see that.
I don't want to see that either. Sometimes it's just time to end it. Bands don't seem to be as good the second time around, sometimes they really start to suck. That being said.........

The only old guy band I've ever seen perform live is the Eagles on the Hell Freezes Over tour. Beyond that I don't know if I'd want to see an older band perform unless they have some new material, I don't want to see a greatest hits concert. I like to see the older musicians do something new like what Robert Plant is doing with Alison Krauss (great album, btw, if you don't have it I highly recommend it.)
Posted via Mobile Device

I saw Pink Floyd in 94' before half the band was dead, it was a good show, really, really good. Despite the fact Roger Waters was out, David Gilmour did vocals and guitar.I saw Page-Plant in 95', another top notch show. I'm going to Roger Waters "The Wall" tour in October. My brother saw Roger Waters a year or two ago and said it was a great show. I'm looking forward to it.

PS, I just picked up Ratt- Infestation, and I have to tell you, that record freaking ROCKS. It's got the energy and attitude of the original Ratt with a more modern sound. It's got all the original members except the guitarist who sadly died of an overdose. I don't know where they found this new found inspiration but it sounds awesom. If you like Ratt buy this record.

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
I personally hate it when band members try to keep the name going when it's obviously too late, it just seems like a money grab to me. IMO, The Who died along with Keith Moon, whatever played at the Super Bowl was not The Who. Robert Plant and Jimmy Page had the right idea by dropping the Led Zeppelin name after Bonham died.