Why Do They Continue To Sell "new" Sirius Radios?

Discussion in 'Sirius Radios' started by lgeorgehsv, Dec 10, 2016.

1. lgeorgehsv

lgeorgehsv New Member

If they still plan to stop the Sirius stream by 2022 why do they keep on producing these radios? They have not introduced a new model since 2007
  2. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

There might be language in the merger that says SiriusXM must make both services available while both are operational.

Just a guess
  3. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Are they actually making new ones or are these just in inventory? If in inventory they are trying to clear them rather than take the loss on them. The fact somebody will be screwed 5 years down the road is the furthest thing from their mind --- they don't care.
  4. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

And welcome to the board. Stick around.
  5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

2022 is a long way off in the life of a satellite radio.

The number of models will reduce and the quantity produced will taper down at some point.

I'd be curious to see the stats on the numbers or radios produced over the years.
  6. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

it seems to be a very small number, and mostly baseline radios or remade/overstock stuff using the same thing just so theres something on the shelf, maybe. I haven't bought a radio since the lynx, and havent owned one in like 3 years. It's been online only for me on the app. I miss having a radio in my living room.
  7. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

always nice to see you stop by grup!