Wii Bowling - Like It?

Discussion in 'Games & Consoles' started by goreds2, Mar 24, 2010.

1. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

As you saw in the earlier thread, I bought the basic Wii mainly for the bowling. Any hints so I can be better than other people that plays bowling on it?
  2. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

practice
  3. JoeTan

JoeTan New Member

I love WII bowling.
  4. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I thought there were multiple bowling games. I've only played the one on Wii Sports. It was OK. Mario Kart is better.
  5. YourDream84

YourDream84 New Member

I enjoy Wii Bowling at times, I will admit, I bowl there just like in real life. I always twist my wrist, and spin the ball to the left (Not intending to) and the same thing happens on Wii...
    I think the Wii is really great for groups, and families.

~*Ash*~
  6. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

That Wii Bowling is addictive. I've wasted many hours with it.
  7. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

i too have wasted hours on wii sports. i like tennis the best but bowling is lots of fun as well. hope youre happy with your new wii.
  8. down4six

down4six Well-Known Member

Wii bowling is ok. we have both wii sports and resort versions. We play once in awhile, but there are better games to us.
  9. Biaviian

Biaviian Well-Known Member

Yeah just practice.

I like wii resort but the wii sports is great to go back to every once in a while. There is some game that has beer pong on it. My brother said one of his kids (he's a 5th grade teacher) told him about it.
  10. Tristan

Tristan Member

You just need to master this trick.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dep_3vt5RIs]YouTube - Wii sports bowling cheat[/ame]
  11. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

Yeah...I can get that to work about half the time. Freaked out the kids.
  12. HarleyJoel

HarleyJoel New Member

Wii bowling is cool. I've never seen that trick before. Going to have to try it. Just look out for low ceilings as I managed to put the controller into my in-laws 7-foot ceiling in their rec-room with a rouge wind-up.
  13. MM

MM Administrator

I love Wii bowling. I'm trying to beat my 256......
  14. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Thanks for everyones input. I have not taken the Wii out of the box as yet.since the good weather has arrived. Is the initial setup simple?
  15. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

You have to set up the light bar. After that, I think all you do is pick the resolution/aspect ratio you want to use and calibrate the wiimote.
  16. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

It's pretty simple. Maybe you can do it on a rainy day, thank God spring is finally here though!
  17. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

It's so easy, even a caveman can do it. :cool:

TIP: Make sure you have some extra AA batteries on hand. The remotes can eat batteries sometimes.
    Better yet, get one of those plug in rechargers. The come in handy.
  18. down4six

down4six Well-Known Member

I'll second the purchasing of rechargers. My Wii one actually charges via electromagnets so you just put the controller on the pad. works pretty slick! :bigthumbup:
  19. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

One thing I really dig about the PS3, the controllers have rechargable batteries in them and you just plug them into the PS3 via mini USB to USB to charge them.
  20. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

I like to play Bowling sometimes when I play the Wii.

You should also try Baseball (on the same disc). For a different game, I recommend "Punch-Out!!" or "Mario Kart Wii".