Wii Bowling - Like It?

Discussion in 'Games & Consoles' started by goreds2, Mar 24, 2010.

1. tbone

tbone Member

I love Wii bowling and I am still trying to get the perfect game. My favorite Wii sports game is Tennis. I am surprised how much of a work out you get playing it.
  2. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

From 04-03-2010, 09:13 AM
    I posted this last April and YESTERDAY I just got the Wii hooked up. :eek:

Back in April, it was almost baseball season watching the Reds games almost every night plus you are outdoors alot plus..........

We love the bowling and I did the homerun hitting contest. Look forward to playing this over the winter.
    Come spring, it will probably be on the shelf.....well, maybe. :whistle:
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  3. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

Wii bowling is great when the we have company. Watching my wife play with her mom and two sisters was great.

My brother and I sat up to 3:00 am playing baseball.

Wii sports rocks.
  4. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I enjoy playing Wii Bowling, I'm somewhat pretty good playing video games and my brother-in-law has couple of bowling trophies from playing in leagues and he doesn't play video games much, so I played against each him and he killed me in the bowling game. But I creamed him in Boxing, Baseball and Tennis. :hhh:
  5. goreds2

We played a couple of games while listening to Eddie Trunk on XM 53. The bowling is real as I play bad just like in a real bowling alley. :bigahh:
  6. goreds2

I did bowl a 180 a couple of nights ago. That is my high thus far. I am usually in the mid 140's. I will improve though. :cool:

I refuse to look at the video in this thread to show you how to beat the system.
  7. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

You can look because it's nearly impossible to do. ;)
  8. goreds2

We live no life. Will be playing Wii bowling while listening to the 80's on 8 countdown tonight. :)buttrock: From 1983 - 9pm est. to midnight)
  9. Calypso

Calypso Queen Calypso

wii bowling is fun... Haven't played it in a while, been too addicted to Mario for some reason it makes me piss the old Nintendo days...lol

That trick looks awesome, can't wait to try it out....

We could spend a lot of time on the wii.. I like the Hasbro Family Games Night as well, the third one is the best, it even had "The Game of Life".....

As for batteries, we haven't gotten the charging dock yet but what we do is remove the batteries from the remotes when they are not being used. Surprising enough they last longer.
  10. goreds2

I just played this over the weekend and had fun. My antenna broke over a year ago and I FINALLY bought one over the weekend. A wireless for only 8 bucks! Very nice although it takes 4 AAA batteries.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  11. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I haven't Wii bowled in years, but it was one of my favorite games.

That sensor bar is not an antenna, nor is it "wireless". It's two infrared lights, one at each end of the bar. There's a camera in the front end of the Wii-mote that can see infrared. It uses the location of the sensor bar to determine where you're pointing it, and the distance between the lights to calculate how far away the sensor bar is. There's a video on Youtube showing people replacing the sensor bar with two candles.
  12. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

They released a new version of wii sports for the Wii U. Updated HD visuals (not that it matters in a game like this) and an online mode. the games are available for free download on the eshop, but you can purchase a day pass for like 1.99 and play all sports for 24 hours, or buy each individual sport and play as much as you want for 10 bucks each. there is a 24 hour free trial of each sport starting when you first launch it as well to try them out.