Wii U Pricing And Release Date Announced

Discussion in 'Games & Consoles' started by memebag, Sep 13, 2012.

1. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

The damned thing will cost $300. I don't want to spend $300 on yet another game console, especially after the supply of good games for the Wii just petered out here at the end. Mario thinks I'm going to watch TV on my Wii U, but it just sounds like a hassle.
  2. TSS Pete

TSS Pete Member

I hear you on that. I'm happy playing Mario Kart on my Wii, and don't need another console to do that. But all the kiddies will want it for Christmas, so expect it to run out.
  3. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I didn't say I wasn't buying it. I just don't want to spend $300 on it. ;)
  4. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

I figured a 300 dollar price tag would be about right. I was hoping for 250, but figured the controller would Jack up the price, and this leaves room for a price drop with bundled games later. Much better then 350 or 400 dollar price tags. Remember, Nintendo does not sell hardware for a loss, generally. Unlike Sony and Microsoft who take a hit on each console sold. The exception is the 3ds which forced ninty to drop the price to sell the 3ds. They took a loss when they dropped it but I think it has evened out now.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
  5. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Give it a year and it will probably be drop around $250? I still miss, my original Nintendo systems. One day, I might buy them again?
  6. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Yeah, once sales slow they dip the price down and as hardware becomes cheaper. The premium model of wii u (comes with more accessories and bigger disc space of 32gb) is 350.

7. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

I'll be sticking with my PS3.
  8. voliconjoe

voliconjoe Well-Known Member

the thing has a tablet for a controller! I want it, will buy it, will play it once, they'll put out a HD version for less and that's the way it has to be.
  9. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

The Wii U is HD.
  10. voliconjoe

Mega deluxe HD I mean.
  11. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

I can honeslty say that until I can get some hands on time with this, I am NOT excited at all.

The tablet controller seems odd and I don't want to look at two screens and shit. Plus, the internals are on spec with the PS3--a game system that is nearly 6 goddamn fucking years old.

Happy with my PS3. they will release a PS4 next year that will cost a fucking fortune. I will wait 6 months and then buy it.
  12. voliconjoe

"Specs" are over rated as it's only being used to push higher resolution graphics and now emulating a WII controller.

I wish I had time to bullshit with a Xbox or Playstation but I need something that boots up real fast has real quick load times and can be played for 10min every week. I pretty much only play the $5 downloads on the WII anyway. I have games I haven't even unwrapped yet or even know I own until my kids throw them around the room.
  13. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Ok, I'm a Nintendo fanboy, but I have owned a ps2 and xbox360 also. But, I think with the next generation, we are reaching a tipping point. The ps4 and nextbox will have bettered specs compared to the wii u, yes. But the wii u is supporting 1080p games native, no upscaling, as the last Gen ps3 ans 360 can push 720, and upscale.

The next Gen ps4 and Xbox will also natively support and run games in 1080p, so this will be the Max, as far as that goes. All 3 consoles will be full HD. The issue comes down to game design, features, like 3d, online, etc. Since the wii u will finally be HD, I think the difference in horsepower will be less noticeable than the wii which was SD, compared to HD consoles, which means more developers on board to port games,and a more mainstream success since graphics difference won't be so cut and dry.

Wii u has plenty of launch window games from 3rd parties that are on par and beyond of current Gen systems, and in time, developers can hopefully push the wii u power to keep the gap small between it and the competing consoles. I think the tablet controller can bring enough innovation coupled with 1st party games to keep Nintendo ahead.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPjhY0cFOKw&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOKtO3LW1oI&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Wii U: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Demo - Nintendo NYC Conference 2012 - YouTube[/ame]