Will you watch tonight?

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
Surprise: NBC’s America’s Got Talent premiered lower in the ratings this year despite the high-profile addition of Howard Stern as the show’s new judge.

Monday’s two-hour Got Talent returned to 10.3 million viewers and a 3.6 rating, down 16 percent from last year. EW’s Ken Tucker suggested Stern’s performance was almost too nice

'America's Got Talent': Howard Stern fails to boost ratings | Inside TV | EW.com

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
Is this really a reality show? The article calls it one but to me it is a talent show not a reality show. If it followed the lives of the competitors then I'd call it a reality-based talent show.

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
Surprise: NBC’s America’s Got Talent premiered lower in the ratings this year despite the high-profile addition of Howard Stern as the show’s new judge.

Monday’s two-hour Got Talent returned to 10.3 million viewers and a 3.6 rating, down 16 percent from last year. EW’s Ken Tucker suggested Stern’s performance was almost too nice

'America's Got Talent': Howard Stern fails to boost ratings | Inside TV | EW.com

Not to defend the New Howard or anything, but the lower ratings are probably due to the fact that it premiered during May sweeps during the finale or penultimate episodes of established shows. Remember, last year America's Got Talent premiered in June after other shows have already gone into reruns, according to Jon Hein anyway.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
No, I think his expectations were met. When he found out what they were going up against you could tell that his expectations went down.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Is this really a reality show? The article calls it one but to me it is a talent show not a reality show. If it followed the lives of the competitors then I'd call it a reality-based talent show.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. It's all crap.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I watched for a bit tonight. While it's pretty cool to see Howard on prime time TV, the show just isn't for me. I'm not into the judging reality shows. Or any reality shows really.

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
This show is fucking awful, and Howard didn't even stay true to his word. He said there was going to be no nonsense on the show, and he let through a bunch of shitty acts. The most egregious were the three dance crews he let through. And you know, once you let in one, you have to let them all in because they are all the same.

He also let in that talking dog and fell for every poor sap's background story. Typical mainstream television.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Watching the free-o-d now.
These talent show things aren't my cup-o, but Howard is doing just fine.

The earth harp thing was really cool! But this isn't going to convert me to a talent/reality watcher.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
After guaranteeing another show devoted to AGT talk, he blew the first hour on the Scott Shuli feud. Methinks he was avoiding the ratings issue.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
After guaranteeing another show devoted to AGT talk, he blew the first hour on the Scott Shuli feud. Methinks he was avoiding the ratings issue.

The ratings were actually pretty decent. Pulled a second place in the 1st hour and 3rd place in second hour while being up against 4 season finales. Also, it was #1 in 18-49 during the second hour. Comparing it to last year is really unfair given that the show was running against nothing else.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
Not to defend the New Howard or anything, but the lower ratings are probably due to the fact that it premiered during May sweeps during the finale or penultimate episodes of established shows. Remember, last year America's Got Talent premiered in June after other shows have already gone into reruns, according to Jon Hein anyway.

they pretty much go into that in the article. You could tell howard was slightly worried when jon hein told him what he was up against.

anybody know if it was the #1 watched show though?

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Mostly surprised. The judges are a true team. They're as entertaining as the contestants. Some of the acts are off the charts. Howie and Howard's humor feeds the audience and they feed off of the comments and acts. Can't wait to see what the ratings are once the 22 episode shows sign off for the summer.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Ratings are out for last night showing increase in viewers for AGT:

8 p.m.

CBS: "NCIS" season finale (18.7 million viewers, 11.8/19 households)
NBC: "America's Got Talent" (10.4 million, 6.4/11)
FOX: "Glee" (6 million, 3.7/6)
ABC: "Cougar Town" - two episodes (3.3 million, 2.3/4)
The CW: "90210" season finale (1.1 million, 0.8/1)

18-49 leader: "NCIS" (3.5)

9 p.m.

CBS: "NCIS: Los Angeles" season finale (15.2 million, 9.6/15)
ABC: "Dancing With the Stars" results (12.9 million, 8.6/13)
NBC: "America's Got Talent" (10.45 million, 6.2/9)
FOX: "Glee" (6 million, 3.6/5)
The CW: "The L.A. Complex" (565,000, 0.4/1)

18-49 leader: "America's Got Talent" (3.6)

AGT is literally surrounded by season finally shows.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Still at work. Didn't set the DVR.
Oh well.

FWIW and everyone... I've noticed that Oxygen has repeats for those of your wanting to watch on a larger screen than you computers.

Howard's actually been quite entertaining. :)