Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Casual Fan, Sep 30, 2014.

1. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

Finally had a new machine built. Had an issue with the built in wi-fi but 10 has run great so far.
    semipenguin likes this.
  2. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I'm eyeballing a Asus Windows 10 laptop from Amazon for $199. The specs look pretty decent from what I can see and I've heard Windows 10 is leaps and bounds more secure than 8.
  3. IndustrialH

IndustrialH "So much music .... so little time..."

Except when it comes to privacy or the remnants of it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

eww! I could always turn those to 'No', but who knows if they'll stay there.
  5. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

did anyone just get the "windows 10 update 1607"?

it took like an hour to DL and says that it fixes a bunch of stuff but the only think that is noticeable is the font/format change when i open chrome.
  6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I think mine updated a week or so ago. I'll check to see what it did.
  7. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

i just got rid of it. for some reason after the install, in the task manager it was saying my disk was running at 100% all the time. i looked into a few fixes in that involved turning certain things off and it didnt fix the problem so i did the 'return to a previous build of windows' thing and everything is back to normal and the disk registers at around 10% or less consistently now.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  8. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Funny. Mines been fine.
    All I've gotten is a notification that some app that I've never used (that must have pre-installed) was removed because it's not compatible with 10.
  9. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I had no problems, oh wait I have a MacBook now. :p