Windows 8 Review

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I almost upgraded to Windows 8 few months ago. But one day I went to the store to try it out and didn't care for it. It probably wouldn't take long to get a feel of the new look. But either way, people will have to upgrade and get use of it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Give me a traditional desktop/laptop OS and mouse for work please. The tablet (or in my case iPad) that's for fooling around.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Give me a traditional desktop/laptop OS and mouse for work please. The tablet (or in my case iPad) that's for fooling around.

That's mainly why you'll never see desktops going away completely. Especially with the computing power most IT companies need.

Manco

Oct 14, 2008

Win 8 is a great desktop OS. I run Windows 8 on 4 of my personal machines, and only one is a tablet. Two are old laptops upgraded to Windows 8, one is a monster desktop with 8 cores and 96GB of RAM. When in desktop mode, the only thing I notice is it's got improvements over Windows 7 and searching for something is much easier.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Win 8 is a great desktop OS. I run Windows 8 on 4 of my personal machines, and only one is a tablet. Two are old laptops upgraded to Windows 8, one is a monster desktop with 8 cores and 96GB of RAM. When in desktop mode, the only thing I notice is it's got improvements over Windows 7 and searching for something is much easier.

HOLY COW! What do you do with that monster? 4K video editing? Or Halo?

Manco

Oct 14, 2008
HOLY COW! What do you do with that monster? 4K video editing? Or Halo?

Well, actually much more boring that that, just software development. I had the opportunity to get a server class machine for cheap so I decided it couldn't hurt.