Wolf's Den

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Wolf, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

The part you are suggesting. When I dug the hole, I laid the liner right up to the bricks/retaining wall. I doubt there is any room for pebbles. I may be able to stack some bricks or find something to cover it up, but it not bothering me right now.

I had to use some of the extra bricks on top of the retaining wall to help boost up the top waterfall piece. Which I wasn't planning on buying. Because the pump I bought didn't come with a hose, so I had to buy some additional pieces. Sometime later today, I'm going back to the home improvement store and buy some extra bricks and a couple other things for it.

I'll probably add things to the pond and waterfall to hide things better as I go along. But for now I'm glad this project is finally over and my next backyard project later this year is to plant a tree. To produce some extra shade for the yard and house.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    JHDK likes this.
  2. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I plan on enjoying more later this year. But right now it to freakin hot out there. I may be lucky to get an hour of coolness at night.

But again when I was feeling up the pond with water, I was partially laying in it and which was nice and cool.

3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Atta boy Wolf!
    Nice job.
    You need a "NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY" sign.

MadisonRadio1 and Wolf like this.
  4. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I attended the Phoenix Rising FC game on Friday night as they won 1-0 over the Seattle Sounder FC 2. I also became a season ticket holder.

JHDK likes this.
  5. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

There's a thread for that.

HecticArt likes this.
  6. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Yea certainly this thread, if you know what I mean? ;)

7. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

It been nearly a week and my pond/waterfall is doing well. I let it run a few hours a day and had to refill it couple of times this week due to the excessive heatwave.

My only issue is my neighbors tree sheds a few leaves which gets into my pond. But I use a skimmer to get them out. I could cut back some of the branches but it provides some great shade.

I’m already thinking of some ideas to add to the pond like some underwater lights. I’m still trying to think of ways to hide the pump a bit better and possibly do something to the expose black tarp in the back. After a while I will think of something or take somebody suggested idea.

JHDK likes this.
  8. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Lights would be cool.

Wolf likes this.
  9. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I meant to post this couple of months, I was at a job dealing with trigonometry. For some reason, that job ended and they never gave me a reason why. I was showing progress in learning trig, but I don't care. That job was a bit boring and I hardly use my CAD skills.

Either way, fast forward now I'm at a real job using my job skills, I learned in AutoCAD for the past several years like in AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, and Bluebeam. I have been with the company for the past couple of months, which I have been working on a major project. Since I know it so well, the company wanted me to officially work out at the job site, so I'm partially the BIM coordinator again. One thing, I like working on the project it's located in downtown Phoenix constructing one of the newest buildings which is half office and residential.

10. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Cool! Congrats Wolf.

Wolf likes this.
  11. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Here is an office view of the construction site, I am working on.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

scotchandcigar and JHDK like this.
  12. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I did some Labor Day work today. I decided to redo part of my pond, by making it a bit deeper and smaller on one side. Because a lot of water was evaporating every couple of days and possibly easier to maintain with a smaller pond.

I'll probably take apart some of the retaining stones down the road to hide the black hose.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    JHDK and scotchandcigar like this.
  13. scotchandcigar

Looks nice!

Wolf likes this.
  14. scotchandcigar

There's a thread for that.

Wolf and JHDK like this.
  15. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Nope that officially the "Scotch's House Construction Thread". :p

scotchandcigar likes this.
  16. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Are those flowers up at the top part real?

17. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I’m attending a game later tonight, so I need to kill a few hours. There an Alamo Drafthouse not far my job and the stadium. So I’m checking the time and I know Alamo serves food and has some strick rules. Like they won’t let you in late when the movie starts which is a nice rule.

So everything is just about right until I’m about to leave my job. A damn coworker had some questions about an project. I told him I have an appointment. Oh it will only take a few minutes, we’ll it turned nearly into 1/2 hour later.

So thanks to that ass, I never got see the movie and there were no other movies I had interest in. Well one day, I’ll finally attend an Alamo Drafthouse.

18. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

Don't you just hate assholes like that? :pullhair:

19. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Wolf got Lumberghed.
    [​IMG]

Evil_Ernie, Wolf and scotchandcigar like this.
  20. scotchandcigar

Wolf trying to leave

HecticArt, Evil_Ernie and Wolf like this.