Wolf's Den

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
That's a good looking setup Wolf. What kind of sound you got going on with it?

Reactions: Wolf

Wolf

The Lone Wolf
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
That's a good looking setup Wolf. What kind of sound you got going on with it?
1.21 gigawatts

I don't have a sound system for it yet. I haven't done much research on it yet and the store did offer one. But I thought it was a bit pricey.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
I have been saving up for a while. I just bought myself a late Xmas gift a 65” Samsung 4K QLED TV along with a new entertainment stand.

Now I can play all of my game consoles NES, SNES, mini NES, mini SNES, Wii, PS3, and PS4, just missing an N64.

I was looking to buy that exact TV, size and all. But instead, we bought a nice corner TV console, which allowed us to rearrange the whole living room, making it more open and functional. (I'll post pictures when I get to my laptop.)

So for now, I'm sticking with the 50" Panasonic plasma.

Wolf

The Lone Wolf
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
I was looking to buy that exact TV, size and all. But instead, we bought a nice corner TV console, which allowed us to rearrange the whole living room, making it more open and functional. (I'll post pictures when I get to my laptop.)

So for now, I'm sticking with the 50" Panasonic plasma.
The research wasn't hard for me, I simply prefer Samsung over most TV companies. I had a 43" TV that was nearly several years old. But now we are in the 4K era, it was time to upgrade. Plus I wanted something around 60".

I spend most of the time in the bedroom. I thought a huge tv in a small room might be crazy, but it works for me. If I spend most of the time in the living room, I would do something similar. I would have a sectional couch with nearly the same size TV or larger.

Wolf

The Lone Wolf
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
Normally around this time, Arizona has an invasion of snowbirds. For anybody who doesn't know the term "snowbirds", they are old people with out of state license plates. They are the worst people to share the road with.

But for the past couple of weeks, I have been seeing more California plates here in Phoenix. Some were driving ok, but others are rude assholes. Especially one which I encountered over the weekend.

I was driving to the Cave Creek area which is like an hour drive outside the city. I'm with my mom to eat at a restaurant we like. I use my turn signal to let the driver next to me that I am trying to exit the interstate. This douche bag of a California driver with a shitty piece of a car wasn't going to let me in. I slow down and he slows down, I speed up and he does the same. So I had to speed up a bit more to force my way off the freeway.

Once I'm in front of him, he blasts me the horn and finger. Now I have a sunroof, I let the bird out of the sunroof. He doesn't like and pulls up next to me and splashes water onto my vehicle and drives off. He drove a shitty piece of a sedan and I drive an SUV, so some water got onto my car.

Well, I had some water in my car and once we pulled up to the next light intersection. Since I'm in an SUV and he's in a sedan, I have the higher ground. I roll down my window and splash water all over his window and lucky his sunroof was partly open. So I made it rain on that some of a bitch as I yelled out go back to California you f'ing asshole and I drove off. I just wish I had a dash came or my mom knew how to operate a cellphone camera.

Nothing else happened after that. I was thinking he could have a gun, but I'm taking a chance. But I'm tired of these assholes trying to get away with shit on the road.

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
When you see guys winding up dead due to road rage and wonder how it starts think of above. It is sometimes best to let the asshole go than be right and dead.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Sounds like a fun encounter. A good bout of road rage can be entertaining. I'm yelling in my car like a moron almost daily.

Wolf

The Lone Wolf
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
When you see guys winding up dead due to road rage and wonder how it starts think of above. It is sometimes best to let the asshole go than be right and dead.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk
I usually do let assholes get away with some crap. But I don't know what his problem is and why he wouldn't let me in. Maybe the doucheturd likes to play that type of game. But at the end he learned his lesson and hopefully won't pull that type of stunt again. That is why it's call karma and I had enough shit happen to me.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
I'm kind of with IRBS on this. I've gotten into situations that put me at risk of getting my head blown-off by a wacko, so I really limit my revenge moves. I have done a little short braking, I've high-beamed cars that were high-beaming me, and on occasion I'll gun the throttle to lose the loser. But people are crazy, and they get all entitled-feeling when they're surrounded by a steel enclosure.

But I have a few questions. Where do you all get the water from? Is it so dry in AZ, that everyone carries a jug around? And you have no problem completely losing your cool with your mom in the car?

Wolf

The Lone Wolf
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
But I have a few questions. Where do you all get the water from? Is it so dry in AZ, that everyone carries a jug around? And you have no problem completely losing your cool with your mom in the car?
My mom usually carries a water bottle with her, because she gets thirty a lot.

I don't carry a jug of water in my car. Even though, I have heard it is recommend to carry water in your car. Just in case your car overheats in the desert. But I keep up with the stuff under the hood, like oil, anti freeze, break fluid, etc.

Also my mom was getting pissed off with this asshole not letting us in. She loved it and laughed when I dump the water on him. That why I wish she knew how to operate a phone it could have been recorded.

Wolf

The Lone Wolf
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
This weekend Phoenix will be rocking out with some major events.

The Phoenix Open, which has a stadium around one of the coarses. Plus the event brings in well over 100,000 people a day.

WWE Royal Rumble will be in town at Chase Field. I would attend this event, but I'm going to another one instead. Plus I can watch it on WWE TV anytime and don't have some ass holding a sign in front of me the whole night.

This is the event, I'm looking forward to attending, the U.S. Men's National Team vs. Panama. This one might be the lamest, but I'm showing support for our U.S. team. Hopefully the attendance is big enough, it will show Phoenix can support soccer and give us an MLS team Garber!

Reactions: semipenguin