Wolfy New TV

Discussion in 'Gadget Corner' started by Wolf, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Few years ago, I bought an Philips 36" LCD TV from Crap-Mart for couple hundred dollars. It worked great until today, I was watching some TV and all the sudden the picture started acting weird some of the pixel colors went out. Plus I was going to have couple of friends come over tomorrow to watch some football. So I broke down and bought myself a new TV today from a much better electronics store. I now own a Samsung 50" LED 1080p Smart TV.

[​IMG]

Damn it an whole new world watching a much bigger TV in my living room now, I know my brother-in-law will be jealous of me, since mine is bigger. :D I was checking out an college game on it today and it now feels like I am on the field, I can't wait to watch some NFL on it and play some Call of Duty too. Now I need to figure out these built-in apps, kinda cool to check out facebook and twitter on my TV instead logging onto my phone or computer.
  2. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Sweet. Enjoy it.
  3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Nice screen man.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  4. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Bigger is better - but I suspect you already knew that.
  5. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Yep, I originally didn't plan buying an 50" I was checking out the 46" until this one caught my eye and plus it was only $50 bucks extra.

Last night I was playing with some of the apps, I'm enjoying the ESPN SC app, it shows all sports scores on side of my screen. Kinda sucks, there no SiriusXM app, I see pandora which I really have no use for. But I did an search on the web and supposedly samsung is going to incorporate it into there apps, unless I can't find it? But for now I can stream it through the web browser.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  6. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

Now get yourself a Apple TV and you'll be all set.
  7. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I already own an Apple TV, I have thought about getting an Roku for some extra channels.
  8. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

Then you're all set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk so give me a break!
  9. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Must be hard for an Apple fan to buy a Samsung TV :(

Too bad they don't make a 50 inch iPod Touch :idea:
  10. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

It wasn't hard for me, I like Samsung products. It Android products which I won't buy, because I'm not a fan of that company.
  11. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

I didn't think so either until I started using, and enjoying, that service.
  12. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I have tried Pandora couple of times and I don't care for their service with the commercials after a few songs, plus I'm so use to SiriusXM by now.
  13. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

If you say so.
  14. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I do say so :yesshake:
  15. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Enjoy your new TV. Especially your HD sports and streaming. And your Sirius XM.
    You just can't beat HD Sports and listening to Sirius XM for home entertainment