WTD 2009 Holidays - Holly

Discussion in 'WTD Archives' started by Aaron, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

From November 16 through December 31, SIRIUS Ch. 3, XM Ch. 23, SIRIUS Internet Radio (SIR)810 and XM Radio Online (XMRO) 39 will play nothing but contemporary holiday music as well as traditional favorites. You can still hear SIRIUS XM Love on SIRIUS Internet Radio and XM Radio Online.

Who says Christmas music has to be enjoyed in the crackling, skipping sounds of those old 33's? For those who wouldn't know the difference between Bing Crosby and Bing.com, starting November 16th Holly will be taking over Sirius XM Love and playing contemporary versions of traditional classics, as well as originals, from the likes of John Mayer, Colbie Caillat, Josh Groban, Michael Buble, and more all the way until New Year's Eve. It's all the enjoyment of Christmas time, without having to sweep up pine needles or deal with the in-laws.

Channel 3 on Sirius, 23 on XM.

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote. :)

[​IMG]
  2. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

I've heard some new tunes on Holly this year along with all the yearly favorites. I really like James Taylor's Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas. That should be my Hollygram:xmas:

:siriusdog:
  3. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Holly is playing some tracks from a rare old CD I had, Carnie and Wendy Wilson from Wilson Phillips, "Hey Santa". a pleasant surprise

:siriusdog:
  4. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Last week, during a 4hr drive to Kansas, I listened to this channel. I really enjoyed it. The mix if music was great. I loved hearing different versions of the same song and how each artist would do the song :)

Repetition was at a minimum. Songs sung by the same artists was not heard during my 4hr drive.

I give this channel 5 out of 5 Stars :cool:
  5. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

I like this channel. It has been on while cooking in the kitchen lately.

4 of 5 stars.
  6. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

A pretty good blend of holiday favorites from the 80's through today. This is actually my 3rd choice of holiday channel, after Holiday Traditions and a New Orleans area FM station playing all-day Christmas music.

Not really my favorite artists play on Holly... but that's not really an indictment of the channel, more a reflection on my tastes in music. :)
  7. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I found their taste in music to be a bit not to my liking. Couldn't really get into this channel. 2 stars.
  8. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Absolute Crap and not worth the bandwidth used!

The Contemporary Christmas Channel on Slacker put this things to total SHAME!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.