WTD 2009 Week 12 - Lithium

Status
Not open for further replies.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I give it a 4. I did like it a bit better pre-merger, there was less band repetition. I would be happy if it was 90's Alt/Grunge rather than Grunge/90's Alt. but that's just me.
It's Preset #3 for me.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I seem to be listening to this more lately than I did during the "channel switches" last November. It is not LUCY but will do, I guess.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I give it a 4. I did like it a bit better pre-merger, there was less band repetition. I would be happy if it was 90's Alt/Grunge rather than Grunge/90's Alt. but that's just me.
It's Preset #3 for me.

That's the whole problem with the genre. You can divide it up like this:
Grunge (Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, etc.)
Middle stuff (Cake, Weezer, Radiohead, etc.)
Later stuff (Blink 182, Third Eye Blind, Dave Matthews Band, Bare Naked Ladies perhaps, Matchbox 20, Goo Goo Dolls, etc.)

You could almost do two seperate channels, one of grunge and another one with the other stuff. The other issue I have with Lithium is that it needs to include modern stuff by those artists.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
That's the whole problem with the genre. You can divide it up like this:
Grunge (Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, etc.)
Middle stuff (Cake, Weezer, Radiohead, etc.)
Later stuff (Blink 182, Third Eye Blind, Dave Matthews Band, Bare Naked Ladies perhaps, Matchbox 20, Goo Goo Dolls, etc.)

You could almost do two seperate channels, one of grunge and another one with the other stuff. The other issue I have with Lithium is that it needs to include modern stuff by those artists.

Right now they have the genre split by time: 1st Wave = 80s, Lithium = 90s, Alt Nation = 00s. They could scrap that and have artists that fit the 3 categories you mention on 3 different channels regardless of when the song was released.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Right now they have the genre split by time: 1st Wave = 80s, Lithium = 90s, Alt Nation = 00s. They could scrap that and have artists that fit the 3 categories you mention on 3 different channels regardless of when the song was released.

Perhaps. However, some of the stuff on First Wave may not make sense on Lithium.

First Wave = 80's and more current, but ONLY IF that band had stuff in the 80's.
Lithium = 90's and now, but ONLY IF that band had stuff in the 90's.
Alt Nation = Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.