WTD 2010 Week 6 - The Spectrum

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
The spectrum of rock from the past, present and future. Neil Young through Dave Matthews Band to Wilco and tomorrow’s great artists.

Celtic Crush hosted by Larry Kirwan
Saturdays 7 am - 10 am ET
Rebroadcast Tuesday 11pm ET
Celtic Crush travels among diverse music, from old to the very new. Ireland native Larry Kirwan has firsthand experience throughout Ireland and America as a member of the premier Celtic rock band Black 47. Being an author as well as a performer adds to Larry's unique abilities as a poetic host. Larry draws from his private record collection of classic Irish music for this three hour soulful mix of traditional and contemporary music from the Celtic countries and England.

Nordic Rox
Sundays 8 pm ET
Rebroadcast Wednesdays 11 pm ET
From the sparkling melodies of ABBA to the psychedelic rock of The Soundtrack of Our Lives, Scandinavia has always been at the forefront of popular music. Created by Roxette guitarist Per Gessle, journalist Sven Lindström and featuring Howlin’ Pelle Almqvist of The Hives, Nordic Rox is the place to explore the breadth and depth of music from Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Iceland. Read more about Nordic Rox.

On Sirius 18, XM 45

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote. :)

channel-18.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I listnened for awhile at work today. They seem to play a lot of different tunes though I do not listen enough to look for repeats. Not a bad channel to listen to while I was working on documentation at my desk today. I like the tunes that I have never heard before. A good selection to me. Will not be a regular listen for me but something to go to for something different.

3 of 5 stars

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
A very 'hit or miss' channel for me... not something I can keep on for long periods of time.
Celtic Crush is pretty cool, I never remember to listen to Nordic Rox.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
...I never remember to listen to Nordic Rox.

lol! Me too! :rofl:

:worried:

I love this channel, but I keep forgetting to listen to it. I'm always listening to the decade channels, or the new music channel on my XM.

Every time I go to listen to this channel I wind up hearing Bob Dylan's Show :right:

Most of the music is great. Good music I've never heard before. That's why I love NordicRox :)

I give it 4 out of 5 stars :cool:

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I'd like to hear Adele guest DJ on Spectrum Friday 2/18/11. 12pm for her second album "21" Enjoyed many of the tracks from her first album "19". "Chasing Pavements" "Right As Rain"