WTF is going on in the world?

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by semipenguin, Feb 22, 2014.

1. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Thanks, I was just about to ask.

2. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

You can have Channel98, but give us DAB back!! :D

Wolf and scotchandcigar like this.
  3. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Exactly what rights are you referring to? The things you mentioned didn't exist when the rights were given. Nearly every right we have is subject to limitation and regulation. Why should this be any different?

4. Channel98

Channel98 Don't yell or hit.

Here comes another of my highly educational posts. The "right to bear arms" was granted to a "well-regulated militia" so they could defend America if the federal government ever tried to turn our nation into a monarchy. When the 2nd Amendment was written, the "arms" were flintlock rifles and muskets. The musket had to be loaded with gunpowder and a lead or lead-tin-alloy musket ball. An expert musketeer could fire only three or four rounds per minute and the accuracy range was around 50 yards.

James Madison could never have foreseen that in the 21st century there would be a weapon (the AR-15) which holds 30 rounds and can fire 45 rounds per minute with an accuracy range of 600 yards. I doubt even Madison would want private citizens to own guns that can kill 2,700 people an hour.

With bated breath and a heart that is simply all aflutter, I await Mister JHDK's response.

5. scotchandcigar

But if you're going to be on my side of things, you need to acknowledge the recent supreme court decision (a few years ago) where they specifically said that the 2nd amend. also applies to personal protection.

6. Channel98

I'm still relatively new to this site so let me ask everyone: Should I be on Mister scotch's "side of things"? After all, the Supreme Court that re-interpreted the 2nd Amendment also ruled that it's perfectly all right for women to kill their unborn children and for men to marry other men.

7. Channel98

Eventually these "gun rights groups" will start demanding that private citizens be allowed to own Kalashnikov AK-47s, Heckler & Koch MG4s and Accuracy International AS50 sniper rifles.

Gun rights groups try last-ditch move to stop Trump ban on rapid-fire bump stocks
    Under a federal rule, owners must destroy the devices by Monday or they could face felony charges.

Gun rights groups try last-ditch move to stop Trump ban on rapid-fire bump stocks

8. scotchandcigar

Yeah, we're not on the same side. Nevermind.

9. Channel98

Awww, no hard feelings, Mister scotch. We can simply agree to disagree, right? I realize "agreeing to disagree" would place us among a microscopically small number of Americans right now, but.......

10. Channel98

11. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

If my DRC search results are correct, it's been a year since my last FACE EATER UPDATE!

Well, we have a good one today...he's a dog man who had evil forces living in his home making him go face-eat!

'Cannibal killer' frat boy 'thought he was half-man, half-dog when he killed and ate Florida couple' | Daily Mail Online

[​IMG]

Investigators say they found 'cannibal frat boy' Austin Harrouff, now 22, biting John Stevens's face while making growling noises on August 15, 2016.

12. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

So PCP is still a thing?
    How about that?

13. scotchandcigar

Wolf?

JHDK likes this.
  14. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

He has been a bit quiet the last couple of days....

JHDK likes this.
  15. Channel98

16. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

People suck.

17. Channel98

18. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

19. Channel98