WTF is going on in the world?

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
That's a good question. I'm not even sure why, I just do. I guess it's because it's a right and I don't like the idea of any rights being taken away or scaled back even the slightest bit.
Exactly what rights are you referring to? The things you mentioned didn't exist when the rights were given. Nearly every right we have is subject to limitation and regulation. Why should this be any different?

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Here comes another of my highly educational posts. The "right to bear arms" was granted to a "well-regulated militia" so they could defend America if the federal government ever tried to turn our nation into a monarchy. When the 2nd Amendment was written, the "arms" were flintlock rifles and muskets. The musket had to be loaded with gunpowder and a lead or lead-tin-alloy musket ball. An expert musketeer could fire only three or four rounds per minute and the accuracy range was around 50 yards.

James Madison could never have foreseen that in the 21st century there would be a weapon (the AR-15) which holds 30 rounds and can fire 45 rounds per minute with an accuracy range of 600 yards. I doubt even Madison would want private citizens to own guns that can kill 2,700 people an hour.

With bated breath and a heart that is simply all aflutter, I await Mister JHDK's response.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
The "right to bear arms" was granted to a "well-regulated militia" so they could defend America if the federal government ever tried to turn our nation into a monarchy.
But if you're going to be on my side of things, you need to acknowledge the recent supreme court decision (a few years ago) where they specifically said that the 2nd amend. also applies to personal protection.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I'm still relatively new to this site so let me ask everyone: Should I be on Mister scotch's "side of things"? After all, the Supreme Court that re-interpreted the 2nd Amendment also ruled that it's perfectly all right for women to kill their unborn children and for men to marry other men.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Eventually these "gun rights groups" will start demanding that private citizens be allowed to own Kalashnikov AK-47s, Heckler & Koch MG4s and Accuracy International AS50 sniper rifles.

Gun rights groups try last-ditch move to stop Trump ban on rapid-fire bump stocks
Under a federal rule, owners must destroy the devices by Monday or they could face felony charges.

Gun rights groups try last-ditch move to stop Trump ban on rapid-fire bump stocks

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Awww, no hard feelings, Mister scotch. We can simply agree to disagree, right? I realize "agreeing to disagree" would place us among a microscopically small number of Americans right now, but.......

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
It's been just over a month since the last FACE EATER UPDATE!!!

I have been fascinated with this video:

I can't stop watching it. I'm currently 25 minutes in.

Also, his parents are really hooking him up with $100 per week for commissary.

Parents stand by son accused of brutal killing of Martin County couple

If my DRC search results are correct, it's been a year since my last FACE EATER UPDATE!

Well, we have a good one today...he's a dog man who had evil forces living in his home making him go face-eat!

'Cannibal killer' frat boy 'thought he was half-man, half-dog when he killed and ate Florida couple' | Daily Mail Online

$

Investigators say they found 'cannibal frat boy' Austin Harrouff, now 22, biting John Stevens's face while making growling noises on August 15, 2016.