WTF is going on in the world?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Attention, Republicans: Your de rigueur offering of "thoughts and prayers" after every mass shooting doesn't seem to be having any effect. The mass shootings keep happening.

At least 5 dead, 21 injured in West Texas shooting, official says; suspect dead

This type of post will not be allowed.
Calling out one party over the other causes trouble.

Do
not
forget
this.......

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
All right, Mister Hectic, I won't forget that. I wasn't trying to start an argument. I'm just sickened by all the gun violence and frustrated by a do-nothing Congress.

The death toll in Odessa is now seven. Three law enforcement officers and a 17-month-old girl are among the 22 injured. The police chief has not yet identified the gunman but he did say the shooter used an "AR-style weapon." Most mass shooters do. Why are these assault weapons still legal for private citizens to own?

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
KNX is reporting that the gunman called 911 and the FBI tip line and left "rambling messages" after being fired from his job at Journey Oil Field Services. Angry, mentally unstable people never have any difficulty getting weapons. Never.

West Texas gunman was fired from job hours before massacre, law enforcement official says

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
KNX is reporting that the gunman called 911 and the FBI tip line and left "rambling messages" after being fired from his job at Journey Oil Field Services. Angry, mentally unstable people never have any difficulty getting weapons. Never.

West Texas gunman was fired from job hours before massacre, law enforcement official says

And was pulled over for not using his turn signal which started the shooting. He truly had a bad day and everybody else had to pay.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Texas Governor Greg Abbott said the gunman "failed a previous background check" and didn't go through one for the "AR-style" weapon he used to kill seven people and injure 22 others. Authorities have not yet revealed why he failed the background check or where he got his weapon. Today we have another massacre:

A 14-year-old is facing five murder charges after confessing to killing his family in an Alabama home, police say

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
WTF indeed? There's no indication of why they did that to him. Hopefully it's not just a random beating or mugging. You see something like that and want it to be because the guy was asking for it.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
This is depressing:

My first thought reading it was how it's a bummer. But my second thought was to never underestimate people's ability to destroy stuff. I'm betting this sign will be vandalized again pretty soon.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
This is depressing:

My first thought reading it was how it's a bummer. But my second thought was to never underestimate people's ability to destroy stuff. I'm betting this sign will be vandalized again pretty soon.
So ... it isn’t a bummer that the sign will be vandalized?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
It sounded like he thought that it getting vandalized again would be a bummer as well.

The stupidity of the people vandalizing the sign is sad to me. The total ignorance of the morons that posed for the picture in front of it, AND THEN POSTED IT TO THE WEB blows my mind. Investigate the admissions office at their university, because someone got bribed to let those idiots get admitted.