WTF with Marc Maron

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Anyone listen to this? How is it? Thinking I might put it in my regular rotation if I like it well enough.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Anyone listen to this? How is it? Thinking I might put it in my regular rotation if I like it well enough.

I've heard a few episodes, but never liked it enough to keep me listening. I guess it depends on what you are looking for in a podcast. IMO, more often than not, comedians are usually boring interviews. I guess the rap on WTF is that comedians open up more to Marc, but I haven't hit those episodes in my various listening attempts.

Grab a few and give a listen - the thing about podcasts is that there are a jillion of them, and they aren't all going to resonate with everyone. This one didn't for me.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I'm looking for something along these lines, and Adam Carolla never did anything for me. I'll give it a shot. :agree:

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
The only podcast I have ever downloaded and listened to are a friend's sermons (he's the goalie on my soccer team). I just subscribed to WTF and plan on giving it a listen later today. one thing that I noticed is that iTunes has a limited number of postcasts. Is this normal for iTunes to only carry the last 50 podcasts?

Episode 261 sounds interesting if you like The Office.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Apparently there are premium options through the website where you can possibly get an archive of all of them. That might be why.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Just listened to the Brian Regan episode, sounds promising. Doesn't hurt that Regan is one of my favorites, but it wasn't horrible. Might be worth a few more episodes to really gauge an opinion.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I started listening to this podcast again, and he's interviewing more than comedians now, which is nice. Listened to the latest one where he interviews Thom Yorke of Radiohead (which was awesome!)

I'll start picking it back up again.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
ive stopped listening to wtf awhile ago. i enjoy marcs comedy and tv show but its an interview based show and even with stern (my clear fav radio show) i dont like extended interviews all the time.

that being said he made major news lately. todays podcast had obama as the guest! this is huge news for podcasts. also obama went to marcs home garage studio to record the interview. this seems really cool and im def going to listen to this episode.

also, beside it being newsworthy for the podcast world, part of what obama said also made news. when talking about race he dropped the n bomb.

his quote: "It's not just a matter of it not being polite to say nigger in public." so thats something.

Obama's 'N' word sparks debate - CNNPolitics.com