Xact tuning

Discussion in 'XM Portables' started by skypilot, Feb 27, 2011.

1. skypilot

skypilot New Member

I have an X act visor radio. Works great but I'm troubled with channel bleed from fm channels. I have been told I can change channels, but I don't have the book to tell me how to do it. Can anyone help?
  2. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

You probably should have made your post under SIRIUS Radios but no biggie. Mrs. goreds2 used to have that model. I thought it was cool and sleek.

Link to the XACT manual:

http://www.xactcommunication.com/getdoc.php?id=49

Here is what the manual says on page 26.

FM Transmitter
    The FM Transmitter allows your XACT Visor Sirius Satellite Radio Receiver to transmit music to your car or
    home FM radio.
    1. Press the MENU button to enter the Menu Options settings.
    2. Rotate the Channel Up/Down Rotary Dial until FM Transmitter is displayed and press the Select button
    inward to enter the sub menu.
    3. Rotate the Channel Up/Down Rotary Dial until “On” is selected press the Select button to continue.
    4. Rotate the Channel Up/Down Rotary Dial until an FM Channel that is not being used by an FM Broadcaster
    in your area is displayed. Press the Select Button to set the FM Channel.
  3. skypilot

skypilot New Member

Many Thanks!

Sorry about the mix up on the log in: my first post and I screw up, go figure. Again thanks, the unit is used, given to me by a buddy who got a new radio. I really like Sirius, we live out in the pucker brush so this is a great improvement.
  4. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Welcome to DRC! Glad to hear your enjoying Sirius. Its great out in the middle of nowhere where there's no good radio station.
  5. skypilot

skypilot New Member

Followed the instructions and guess what . . . I no have no interference. Who'd a thunk it! I really am pleased and thanks again for the info it makes for a much better experience.
  6. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Glad to help.