XM Antenna in 06 Honda Accord

PSLibraBalance

Oct 26, 2009
Morgantown WV
I just bought a 2006 Honda Accord which has XM capabilities. I signed up for the 3 month trial and am deciding whether I want to keep it.
I have had a Sirius subscription now for 5 years and am currently using a Stiletto 2, which I love.
I had a pioneer cd player in my old car which I had my Stiletto 2 playing through with a sirius antenna.
I think the reception was better before with the Sirius in the old car than the XM in the new car. Don't know if Sirius gets better reception where I live or if the factory installed antennas that Honda uses aren't as good as the ones you buy from Sirius. What do you think?

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
It could be that you have better Sirius coverage in your area than you do with XM. The cool thing is that there is a kit to convert that from Sirius to XM in your vehicle. Here is a link to the kit: Honda and Acura SIRIUS Connect HON-SC1 SCC1 Package | TSS-Radio

The other good news is that even though that kit comes with it's own antenna, you can adapt it to use the stock antenna on top of the vehicle to keep the car looking like it did coming off of the factory and still get good sirius reception. Here is a link to that adapter: Honda and Acura XM to Sirius Single Input Antenna Adapter | TSS-Radio

Both of these items can be installed into your vehicle and it will allow you to get Sirius instead of XM displayed on the Hondas factory head unit.

Now, if you want, you can also get your stiletto 2 installed inside your vehicle and also be able to use the factory antenna with that same adapter. If I could make a suggestion, you could also get a custom bracket and an additional cigarette light port installed in the vehicle so that it will all be a clean install and no wires are showing. Plus, you could get an aux input adapter so that you will not have to listen to it through an FM station. Below, I have provided all the links for these products:
Honda Accord Hybrid 2003-2007 Custom Mount | TSS-Radio
HON03/PC-SON Honda Auxiliary Input Converter | TSS-Radio
Cigarette Lighter Hardwire Adapter | TSS-Radio

PSLibraBalance

Oct 26, 2009
Morgantown WV
Thanks for the info Matt

I will definitely be adding all these products that you suggested. I was wondering if I can also use the mp3 files on my Stiletto 2 with this setup and if so will it show up on my Honda Display. Also will this work with my steering wheel controls.
Thanks again.
-Patrick-

PSLibraBalance

Oct 26, 2009
Morgantown WV
One more question about this setup

Can I still use the pause, rewind, and recording features directly from my Stiletto 2? I tried to integrate with my Pioneer CD player in my old car using the cdsb10 and it blocked access to those features. Thanks for all your help!!

PSLibraBalance

Oct 26, 2009
Morgantown WV
Just wondering if this is possible

Is it possible to use the XM Antenna for the XM Tuner and a Sirius Stiletto 2 at the same time. Can I have both connected to the Antenna. I thought maybe there would be a splitter of some kind. Sorry if I'm being difficult. Thanks for your help.

rshack

Dec 19, 2012
I will look and see if we have one. It actually requires to pieces, the adapter and then a 20 ft extension with Amplifier. The adapters are hand made by mrbrianrwebb@gmail.com So you might contact him for that as well. I think we do have 1-2 more 20 Foot Extensions.
Thanks... hope you can find one... I've been emailing Mr. Webb at a couple or three different email addresses for weeks now and he never replies... do you know if he's still around?

thanks...

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Not sure what Brians been up to. Haven't talked to him in a while.

I did find 1 Honda Single Adapter and I paired it up with a 20 Foot Extension. It's waiting for you to order it via phone, all the customer service guys know you are going to order it. 312-846-6606