XM Signal Repeater: $21.17

Brad Bishop

Dec 3, 2008
Just a heads up for those of you running an XM Radio at home and use or would like to use a signal repeater... Amazon has them cheap now at $21.17 for the repeater and the antenna for the repeater (you still need an antenna to hook up to the repeater, of course).

Anyway, it's cheaper to buy the repeater/antenna combo now than it is to just buy the antenna.

I checked TSS to see if they had anything as I wasn't going to post this if they did out of respect for them running the site and I didn't see anything but a Sirius Echo Repeater and it was out of stock.

If your curious about them: they work great. I've used on on my balcony of my apt for a number of years with an external antenna. The repeater is out of the weather but from what I remember reading in the manual it's OK to be outside you just don't want it directly exposed to the sun or rain.

My Terk antenna recently broke and I replaced that with the Pixel (I think that's the name) dual XM/Sirius antenna. It's a commercial antenna. That thing seems to have bumped up my reception by a 'bar' or two. Meaning I think on my radio I can have a max of 5 bars and now I'm getting 3-4 whereas before I as getting 2-3.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
That's an awesome deal. Never hesitate to post stuff like this. Just make sure on the Repeaters you can't use them for the other service. XM Repeater for XM Radios only. Sirius Repeater for Sirius Radios only. Not sure why they are like that.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Excellent deal..

I have two repeaters.

1st one cost me over 100 bucks.

2nd cost me 39 dollars.

Worth every penny. Even the 100 dollar one.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
If you know someone with XM, it will make a great Christmas gift. Mrs. goreds2 got me one five years ago and it was one of the best Christmas gifts I ever got in terms of using it all the time.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Delphi-DELPHI-XM-SIGNAL-REPEATER/dp/B0014KQG62/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1292691595&sr=1-5]Amazon.com: DELPHI XM SIGNAL REPEATER: Electronics[/ame]

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
These are over a 100 dollars now. :bigcry:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Delphi-DELPHI-XM-SIGNAL-REPEATER/dp/B0014KQG62/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1292691595&sr=1-5]Amazon.com: Delphi XM Signal Repeater: Electronics[/ame]

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Dang, I could really use one soon, as my Sirius subs are all running out, and in the past few months I've switched to XM radios. Only one Sirius left, and its my bedroom where I can't easily get an XM antenna to a clear view of the other side of my house.

Brad Bishop

Dec 3, 2008
I've had one of these with 3 antennas setup in my house for gosh several years. It still works and I use it daily.

Same here. I bought extras when they were $20 just to handle it as they died off. I think I'm in year 5 of the first one.