Xmlm or hardattack

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
which metal station will we be getting on the 17th?

Why does everyone assume that one is going away instead of combining the playlists of the 2?

If one does go away, I hope they keep whichever one that plays the least "Cookie Monster" metal.

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
hmm, hope hard attack stays since I know what to expect

big difference between it and the xm counterpart??

gilpdawg

Oct 12, 2008
New Paris, OH
Hard Attack is more mainstream. XMLM plays a lot more underground bands. I prefer Hard Attack. Check out this thread I made on Xmfan comparing the two.

XMFan.com :: #1 Fan Site of Sirius XM Satellite Radio :: Two solid hours with XMLM and Hard Attack

I communicated quite a bit with both Jose and Ward Cleaver over the years, and I can't get any info from either one of them. All I can say is that there will be a metal station. I've almost been led to believe it will be an all new station but that's an assumption reading between the lines of things I've been told.

gilpdawg

Oct 12, 2008
New Paris, OH
Also, whatever happens, I hope "The Ultraviolence" show from XMLM is able to stay on the air as well as Ian Christe's Bloody Roots program from Hard Attack.

HarleyJoel

Oct 28, 2008
New Jersey Coast
I'm wondering how this whole consolidation of channels is going to pan out. I like Hard Attack better but the play list isn't as deep as XMLM. Since they'll be able to use both playlists maybe it'll just be a deeper Hard Attack?

awfulwaffle

Oct 28, 2008
Why do you worry so much about how deep the fuckin playlist goes. You are in the minority, so suck it up and deal. People don't sit and listen to satellite radio for hours on end every day. The only time I ever listen to the radio is when I'm driving around in my car, as well as a huge percentage of the people that own satellite radio. You need the hits to appease those people that only get in their car and drive to work. Trust me, the Sirius business plan and channel setup was working for them.

gilpdawg

Oct 12, 2008
New Paris, OH
I just got this in a myspace bulletin from Hard Attack:

In a couple of weeks we're making a change. Not the music. Not any of the shows. Not the metal groupies we bang between songs or the emo slave labor we beat regularly for fun. It's an infinitesimal change that you may or may not even notice if you're already listening loud enough for your ears to bleed like you should.

This is just a friendly warning. A nail gun shot across the coffin, if you will. Hard Attack loves you and your violent nature in a totally none gay way. Which is a hell of a lot easier if you're a chick. They should send pics.

givemealiter

Oct 28, 2008
god i hope its xmlm, its got more of an underground feel, i heard metallica on hard attack, and thats not metal enough for me.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Why do you worry so much about how deep the fuckin playlist goes. You are in the minority, so suck it up and deal. People don't sit and listen to satellite radio for hours on end every day. The only time I ever listen to the radio is when I'm driving around in my car, as well as a huge percentage of the people that own satellite radio. You need the hits to appease those people that only get in their car and drive to work. Trust me, the Sirius business plan and channel setup was working for them.

Quite frankly if all I used satrad for was my car ... I would cancel. Its a pretty heafty price just for incar driving.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I was wondering this also. Didn't XM take off XMLM for a while and then the listeners demanded it back? Hard Attack has become a very recognizable name in metal and I can't see them getting rid of it. Maybe they're just making some changes in the playlist.

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I was wondering this also. Didn't XM take off XMLM for a while and then the listeners demanded it back? Hard Attack has become a very recognizable name in metal and I can't see them getting rid of it. Maybe they're just making some changes in the playlist.

Yea XMLM did go away and came back, I agree on what you say about Hard Attack. Quite of bit I know recognize that name and maybe Hard Attack can do a playlist close to XMLM, but still play the pure heavy metal!

awfulwaffle

Oct 28, 2008
No don't touch the playlist. What's wrong with Hard Attack now? Not deep enough for you? Not enough unknown songs that nobody ever hears?

I'm sorry but if you look at the ratings, all the top channels are the HITS stations. That's why they play the hits.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
No don't touch the playlist. What's wrong with Hard Attack now? Not deep enough for you? Not enough unknown songs that nobody ever hears?

I'm sorry but if you look at the ratings, all the top channels are the HITS stations. That's why they play the hits.

I guess your not familiar to the classic heavy metal?

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com

I always thought Hard Attack was pretty good at balancing hits with more obscure songs. It's not like much of this music gets played on the radio outside of satellite anyway. I wouldn't mind a deeper playlist.