XMP3 going crazy shuttind down and restarting every few minutes

Discussion in 'XM Portables' started by GreenHornet99, Nov 23, 2009.

1. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

It shouldn't take more than a few hours. Mine was always on the car charger.
    IndustrialH likes this.
  2. IndustrialH

IndustrialH "So much music .... so little time..."

Thnx - When I got it - the battery way slightly expanded - want to avoid the same issue repeating.
    semipenguin likes this.
  3. IndustrialH

So for no apparent reason the volume on my Xmp3 has decided to drop to almost nothing in the boombox and zero with headphones. I have tried different boxes/headphones, also completed a full factory reset (Firmware V.1.30) / pulled the battery / clicked my heels and said "There's no place like home" . The volume indicator on the display moves - its pulling a signal (I even sent a hit). With the snow disappearing it was going to get more use - worst case I swing back to the Stiletto. Its 5 month package is up on 1st Feb, did it have a premonition ? :) Any thoughts folks?
  4. IndustrialH

Help Help Help.... see the above post........
  5. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

You did everything I was going to suggest. Have you tried this?

If your Radio has a Audio Level or Line Out Level adjustment feature in the Settings menu when it’s docked in the Portable Speaker Dock, you should set this level to the maximum volume that does not cause distorted sound. This will maximize the audio quality. Refer to the User Guide which accompanied your Radio for instructions on how to set the level. Some Radios do not have this adjustment available when docked in the Portable Speaker Dock. These Radios set their level automatically to optimize the sound quality. No adjustment is necessary. The installation is complete. Sit back and enjoy your favorite programming on SIRIUS|XM Radio!

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/sxm-java-dev/images/cms/SXABB1_QuickStartGuide.pdf
    HecticArt likes this.
  6. IndustrialH

I have tried it in two boxes and the Home Base - no change - the frustration continues :(
  7. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

The battery isn't swollen, is it?
    My Lynx was acting goofy for a while. I noticed the battery was a bit swollen, so I got a replacement from TSS, and things got much better.
  8. IndustrialH

No battery is ok - I replaced it not too long ago and avoid over charging / have the sound issue if its in a boombox with no battery :(
  9. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Ouch. That's all I got brother.
    I haven't used an XMP.
    With my Lynx, the battery was putting pressure in the PCB inside and causing a ruckus.
  10. IndustrialH

Thanks - it will now be...... Arise the Stiletto! - de-activating the Xmp3 on tomorrow.

Used this page for my sub. Still a good deal even after conversion.
    semipenguin and HecticArt like this.