XMP3 on my Motorcycle

Discussion in 'XM Portables' started by Mikey394, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Mikey394

Mikey394 Member

Gamin Zumo GPS also on my Buell Ulysses
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My other ride Buell 1125R

[​IMG]
  2. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

This is one of the coolest setups I've ever seen. Nice job and nice bike.
  3. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

That's awesome!! :bigthumbup:
  4. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Very Good. :headbang:
  5. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

WOW, you've got a sweet setup! Thanks for sharing it with us!

:bigthumbup:
  6. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

: Drool :

I never thought motorcycles and 3rd party electronics would work. You obviously have changed my idea on that.

Nice job!!
  7. Mikey394

Mikey394 Member

Thanks for the replies. I can also change from the XMP3 to my Stiletto 2 very quickly. I also have speakers in all of my helmets, they are placed in the cheek pads next to my ears, its like wearing a set of headphones.

I want to try bluetooth next to get rid of the cable to my helmet. Also I saw on another motorcyle forum that Bose makes a nice small speaker I'd like to try.

I'm also using a Ram mount for the GPS and Radio. For Satellite Radio power, antenna and mount I'm using the TSS Radio Motorcycle mounting kit.

I just bought the Orange bike (Buell Ulysses) in Dec along with the Garmin Zumo 550. The Zumo with the optional XM antenna GXM30 will receive XM Traffic and Sirius/XM radio. The only drawback is the GXM Antenna is about $180.00 plus I'd need another sub.
  8. Both of these set ups look amazing! Nice work! I get a bunch of questions from other riders about helmet speakers and I was wondering what brand you use. Do you think you could post a link on here for the ones you have?
  9. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Looks very nice.

Where are the antennas placed? I can't see them in the pictures.
  10. Mikey394

Mikey394 Member

First picture look behind the mirror post and you can see the antenna, I have one of the 1' cable antennas, you can follow the cable from the bottom of radio, around the back and to the right, you'll then see antenna behind mirror post.

On the last Picture look under the windshield, there is one antenna on the right of the Starmate and one on the left.
  11. Mikey394

Mikey394 Member

The Speakers that I use are Chatterbox, do a search for Chatterbox helmet speakers. Motorcycle Superstore has them for under 20 bucks. You also need a male to male audio cord; they sell a nice coiled one for 9.99. I did buy all of my speakers from Riders Warehouse but they stopped selling them, don’t know why. These speakers work real well with no-amp and just an iPod can drive enough audio at speed.

The Best Satellite Radio to use for a Motorcycle is an old Starmate. It has an external volume control or a Stiletto 2 with a car dock will drive enough sound to make you deaf. With the Stiletto 100 or 2 you can adjust volume and/or hit pause at a stop light to talk to a fellow rider.

I have played with a few amps also. The best I’ve found is an Iasus mobile amp. It has a Volume Control
    Machined from aluminum with precise control for volume settings, even with gloves on. Only draw back is the battery is internal and you must charge it every 20 hours.

World's smallest high fidelity amplifier for iPod and other portable media devices

ChatterBox Helmet Audio Headset - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

I have a Stiletto 2 set-up on my Can-am ATV also but sometimes I go cordless with the dirtbike helmet and 2gb iPod and 20 dollar Chatterbox helmet speakers.
    If you look inside the helmet you can see the right speaker.
    [​IMG]
  12. Mikey394

Mikey394 Member

an update. I added the XM Nav/Traffic Antenna to my Garmin Zumo along with the Best of Sirius. It is so nice to nav through the stations and presets on the touch screen of the Zumo GPS, even with gloves on! :egypt:
    [​IMG]
  13. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Dood! You're off the hook! That's a sweet setup.
    You don't scuba do you?
  14. Mikey394

Mikey394 Member

nope, landlubber:cool:

I do ride in the rain though
  15. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I was picturing the modifications you'd make to your scuba gear if you were a diver.

[​IMG]
  16. Mikey394

Mikey394 Member

17. randlock

randlock New Member

Can you offer more info on the actual mount. I see it is the SM saddle for the radio but how is it attached to the bike?
  18. Mikey394

Mikey394 Member

amps bolt pattern ram mount to ram mount on front brake resovoir