Yes! The Bridge is back!

bwaldron

Oct 18, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
FUCK PAUL MCCARTNEY
FUCK THE BEATLES

KEEP THE BRIDGE.

I will not listen to another Beatles or McCarney song and I certainly won't buy his latest crappy album because of this shit.

SCREW YOU PAUL.

I love the Beatles. I like some of Paul's solo stuff.

I hate this and all other single-artist channels.

I like the Bridge quite a bit.

It's not McCartney's fault that they're taking away that channel for his own.

Why can't SiriusXM at least keep the online-only version of the Bridge during these "pre-emptions"?

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Well at least it's not being replaced with "The Beatles Channel," you know that thing would just keep coming back. :D

jcrean

Nov 10, 2008
Rock Hill, SC
Great! Take away a great easy listening channel on Valentine's Day! Something that my girlfriend and I would enjoy listening to as we spend some quiet time together. Does that make sense?! :mad:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I love the Beatles. I like some of Paul's solo stuff.

I hate this and all other single-artist channels.

I like the Bridge quite a bit.

It's not McCartney's fault that they're taking away that channel for his own.

Why can't SiriusXM at least keep the online-only version of the Bridge during these "pre-emptions"?

Paul's record company dropped the bag of money on Mel's desk, so he is responsible. I see no reason to reward him. By rewarding him, people may also get the idea that single artist channels work as promotional vehicles and use them more.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Paul's record company dropped the bag of money on Mel's desk, so he is responsible. I see no reason to reward him. By rewarding him, people may also get the idea that single artist channels work as promotional vehicles and use them more.

I am going out on a limb and saying you dislike single artist channels...:p

bwaldron

Oct 18, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL

If I were an artist and thought that it was a good vehicle, I'd use it -- and I don't have any problems with them doing it.

On the other hand, I personally hate the use of limited bandwidth for such channels, and I don't listen to 'em (even in cases where I might be a fan of the artist). I blame SiriusXM for allowing it and taking the cash. I guess one could say that if it helps the service survive, it's OK...but if the service that survives increasingly takes away channels I like in favor of single-artist ones, why do I care if it survives? ;)

I don't think they work, and in fact they can engender ill will towards the artists involved when their channels take away something else (as your earlier post illustrates :))

What next? A proliferation of shopping channels and 24/7 infomercial channels? (Not that I want to give Mel any ideas).

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I hate when they remove The Bridge! :banghead:

But I will listen to this one. I can't help it... I'm a fan of Paul McCartney and his music.

Hey Sirius, Take over E Street Radio instead!!!!!!! :cool:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I agree.

One week is the most time they should ever give these single artist channels. The week of REM on The Spectrum and the week of Pink Floyd on the Vault a few years back were fun.

Oct 14, 2008
Paul's new record is pretty good. I would encourage all of you to not buy it however, but download it off your favorite bittorrrent site. That way, no one gets paid. Suck on that record companies and Mel.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Paul's new record is pretty good. I would encourage all of you to not buy it however, but download it off your favorite bittorrrent site. That way, no one gets paid. Suck on that record companies and Mel.

Fine line between the payola model working and it back firing.

Thank godess for the interwebs.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I hate when they remove The Bridge! :banghead:

But I will listen to this one. I can't help it... I'm a fan of Paul McCartney and his music.

I'm with you there, Aaron. I will be tuning in for this one (despite my hatred for Single Artist Channels and ESPECIALLY when they use my beloved Bridge for said single artist channel). :mad:

I would encourage all of you to not buy it however, but download it off your favorite bittorrrent site. That way, no one gets paid.

Fuck that. I bought the Deluxe edition last week.

Full digital package (as above)
Full Vinyl package (as above)
13 track CD album
7 track CD containing bonus mixes and alternate versions
DVD containing hi-definition audio recordings 24bit 96Khz
DVD containing multi-track session files for a selection of the album tracks allowing you to remix
Exclusive Art Print
Extensive Booklet
Immediate download of files

You can't find that ANYWHERE on the internet, and soon it will be all mine. :yesshake:

siriusfan

Nov 5, 2008
How many times have we complained about this kind of move? It sure does not feel like they are listening to us or care because they keep doing it anyway. I guess that they have decided that we are a minority, will continue to subscribe anyway, and eventually get over it. SiriusXM business philosophy is a bit of a mystery to me. Successful companies understand the importance of treating customers like gold. SiriusXM through actions like this, do not understand. They surely know that moves like this will completely frustrate Bridge fans. Yet they do it anyway. I wonder what the discussion around around the table on this decision goes like. "Well we'll replace the Bridge for a month. Bridge fans are used it!" Not! It is sooo frustrating :bigahh: If there is ever an autopsy of this company, the coroner will likely point out that moves like this, is one of the reasons they did not make it.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
FUCK PAUL MCCARTNEY
FUCK THE BEATLES

KEEP THE BRIDGE.

I will not listen to another Beatles or McCarney song and I certainly won't buy his latest crappy album because of this shit.

SCREW YOU PAUL.

WOW, don't hold back now, tell us how you really feel! LOL

I am so beyond all this stuff! My Slacker Mellow Rock Station is all about The Bridge and then some!

deedee

Oct 16, 2008
New York, New York
Paul Who?

Paul you know he was the cute one ( maybe to some ) of the great group "The Beatles" ;) ;)

I luv the "Beatles" they have always been one of my favorite groups...

BUT

I will never understand why anyone thinks it's alright for a performer/&or a group to have their own time slot for any amount of time, it's just not fare to take away from everyone else who would like to hear the "Bridge" play the great choice that they played when I was first introduced to the station by some great people ( seems so long ago ) and so many "Bridge's" since then have come under construction !!!! :idunno:

I really think that this time will do it for me. My husband say's he no longer wants to keep the other two radios after the contract runs out ( ours is yearly ) I luv the "Bridge" but it really hurts to be let down time and time again.

"IdRatherBeSkiing" I know how you feel and I also feel the same so I want to share a silly thought with you and anyone who reads this.

You know how we /&or other people will refer to the "Suits" well from now on I'm going to put them in jockey shorts I'm not quite sure what you call them but men wear them so their socks stay up and a white undershirt and of cause they are smoking cigars planning their next move on the music business with big grins on their faces and a drink in hand. :hah:

My only reason for this image is I just don't think they deserve to have suits on because some of our money ( yours, mine and everyone else no matter how big or little it may be who put their trust in their hands purchased their "suits" with it ) and we walk away with air and a false promise......

"Karma"is a beautiful word and I do believe in it

Last edited: