Yesterdays Book Reading Bit

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
I think the negative posts about the show are more of a response to certain posters and their behavior here and the old board than legitimate gripes.
So now the posters here are responsible for your negative attitude about the show? I find this hard to believe (and no, "hard to believe" is not a personal attack), and quite self-serving in the face of a dress down by a mod.

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
So now the posters here are responsible for your negative attitude about the show? I find this hard to believe (and no, "hard to believe" is not a personal attack), and quite self-serving in the face of a dress down by a mod.
Negative attitude? Nice try. My posts are balanced. I have started positive threads, and I have posted in negative threads. Any arguments I've gotten into were in the defense of members who you were busy attacking.

You and Scionic, on the other hand, can't follow the rules. You two are the most abrasive members on this board, and much of the agitation is a direct result of your behavior. Your very first post to me was an attack. I'm not the one who got a warning from the mods, you are, and for good reason. Face it: you're not a very friendly or likable guy, and much of the vitriol that takes place here is because of you. I'm of the opinion that most of these negative posts are simply an attempt to rile you two up, solely because you have pissed off so many people. If you two weren't here, I am certain the tone of the board would take a turn for the better.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
If you're only going to allow certain opinions on your forum, that's your perogative. However, you're not going to have many members if you chose to censor folks. .
Once again you guys love to jump to censorship. I said it at least four times now. Say what you want to say, but don't just harp on it. Don't go into every thread and post this stuff over and over and over. You made your point, you've said your piece now let it go. It makes no sense to totally disrupt a discussion with repeated efforts to tell others why they should feel the same as you.

So where in all that are you being censored and where in all that are you only allowing certain opinions. That is totally BS and you know it. That dog isn't going to hunt with me.

You know if you want to talk about the what you don't like in todays show, then start a I don't like today show thread. Then those that like it, need to just let all you guys that don't like it talk all you want about it. But by the same token those that do should be given the same benefit and be allowed to talk without all the negative stuff all the time, all the time.

Honestly guys, we need to be more civil to each other period. You know folks can disagree without name calling and without attacking each other personally. If we could just stick to disagreeing with each others opinions and ideas it would be so much better. I have disagreed with many of you on this forum over the years. But I've never found it necessary to call a name or attack anyone personally. I've been accused of doing that, but I am a firm debater and I know how to debate some ones ideas and opinions without making it personal. I understand it feels personal sometimes. Still this is a Stern Fan Forum. Some are going to like shows, some are going to hate them. But if you can't just post your thoughts and move on, then this will continue. If that doesn't work then start separate threads, but lets quit with this nit picking bickering stuff. Enough!

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Negative attitude? Nice try. My posts are balanced. I have started positive threads, and I have posted in negative threads.

You and Scionic, on the other hand, can't follow the rules. You two are the most abrasive members on this board, and much of the agitation is a direct result of your behavior. Your very first post to me was an attack. I'm not the one who got a warning from the mods, you are, and for good reason. Face it: you're not a very friendly or likable guy, and much of the vitriol that takes place here is because of you. I'm of the opinion that most of these negative posts are simply an attempt to riley you two up, solely because you have pissed off so many people. If you two weren't here, I am certain the tone of the board would take a turn for the better.
You can think what you want. IMHO, your post are not balanced, and you have more in common with the "excuses" you put forth here than you like to admit. But you don't really have to worry anymore, because those negative threads that only attempt to "riley" are no more.

And I'm very friendly to positive people. I guess I just can't take all them negative waves man. :smoke:

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
You and Scionic, on the other hand, can't follow the rules... If you two weren't here, I am certain the tone of the board would take a turn for the better.
not so sure about that...try reading some of the terrific material the haters around here come up with...ooof-aaah

peace and love, peace and love :twisted:

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
Once again you guys love to jump to censorship. I said it at least four times now. Say what you want to say, but don't just harp on it. Don't go into every thread and post this stuff over and over and over. You made your point, you've said your piece now let it go. It makes no sense to totaly disrupt a discussion with repeated efforts to tell others why they should feel the same as you.

So where in all that are you being censored and where in all that are you only we only allowing certain opinions. That is totall BS and you know it. That dog isn't going to hunt with me.

You know if you want to talk about the what you don't like in todays show, then start a I don't like today show thread. Then those that like it, need to just let all you guys that don't like it talk all you want about it. But by the same token those that do should be given the same benefit and be allowed to talk without all the negative stuff all the time, all the time.
I think that's fair, but it swings both ways. As I've said, JGatie and Scionic are incredibly abrasive. They are just as quick to get into a thread and start a fight (I don't have to tell you that; you guys warned both of them for good reason). They have ruffled so many feathers that people now take any opportunity to argue with them. I think what's going on has more to do with members than the show; its a subtle war that a few strong personalities (DLM, HTD, JGatie, Scionic, etc.) are engaging in, each taking every opportunity to try and get under the other's skin.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Just my opinion here. There are people who nitpick every second of the show, but there are also cheerleaders who go to any length to defend it. If the cheerleaders just let it go, instead of constantly repling to the complainers, there would be a lot less arguing IMO. Also, if someone posts a positive thread about the show, the nitpickers, even if they didn't find the bit funny, follow your mothers advice, if you can't find anything nice to say, don't say it at all. I, for one, am sick and fucking tired of every thread turning into a damn argument.

I'm not inoccent in some of this either (but sometimes a horse joke is hard to resist). I do, however, bow out when the argument starts, because, honestly, it's not worth arguing about. I have maybe 100 comments total between here and SBS in the last 3 years. Some I would suspect are over a thousand. Can't we all just get along?:p

Reactions: Forevernever

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
Once again you guys love to jump to censorship. I said it at least four times now. Say what you want to say, but don't just harp on it. Don't go into every thread and post this stuff over and over and over. You made your point, you've said your piece now let it go.
imagine the poor parents...daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad I don't want to go to bed yet :pokey:

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
You can think what you want. IMHO, your post are not balanced, and you have more in common with the "excuses" you put forth here than you like to admit. But you don't really have to worry anymore, because those negative threads that only attempt to "riley" are no more.

And I'm very friendly to positive people. I guess I just can't take all them negative waves man. :smoke:
You're checking typos too? Really? And you don't see why people really don't like you?

You're ONLY friendly to what you deem as positive. I have been positive, and I have been negative, as any normal person would be. You don't allow for any opposing opinion to your own (which is exclusively positive), and you meet it with excessive pugnaciousness. And that's not just my opinion, that's obviously been the opinion of the mods as well. You're a bully.

Just my opinion here. There are people who nitpick every second of the show, but there are also cheerleaders who go to any length to defend it. If the cheerleaders just let it go, instead of constantly repling to the complainers, there would be a lot less arguing IMO. Also, if someone posts a positive thread about the show, the nitpickers, even if they didn't find the bit funny, follow your mothers advice, if you can't find anything nice to say, don't say it at all. I, for one, am sick and fucking tired of every thread turning into a damn argument.

I'm not inoccent in some of this either (but sometimes a horse joke is hard to resist). I do, however, bow out when the argument starts, because, honestly, it's not worth arguing about. I have maybe 100 comments total between here and SBS in the last 3 years. Some I would suspect are over a thousand. Can't we all just get along?:p
That was an excellent post.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
I think that's fair, but it swings both ways. As I've said, JGatie and Scionic are incredibly abrasive. They are just as quick to get into a thread and start a fight (I don't have to tell you that; you guys warned both of them for good reason). They have ruffled so many feathers that people now take any opportunity to argue with them. I think what's going on has more to do with members than the show; its a subtle war that a few strong personalities (DLM, HTD, JGatie, Scionic, etc.) are engaging in, each taking every opportunity to try and get under the other's skin.
You are speaking of personal attacks, which havent' been going on. You just don't like us turning our critique away from the personal, and aiming at the content of your posts. Besides, DLM and I haven't posted to each other in weeks, we have each other on ignore), and I almost never reply to Hank anymore. Frankly, he's not worth my time.

And by the way, your little fight with Scionic is your own doing, so at least man up on that one by putting your own name on the list.

Last edited:

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
You are speaking of personal attacks, which havent' been going on. You just don't like us turning our critique away from the personal, and aiming at the content of your posts. Besides, DLM and I haven't posted to each other in weeks We have each other on ignore), and I almost never reply to Hank anymore. Frankly, he's not worth my time.

And by the way, your little fight with Scionic is your own doing, so at least man up on that one by putting your own name on the list.
They aren't? Just because you aren't calling people assholes doesn't mean you're not trying to attack others. Its the content and the intent of the post that matters. And you're not "turning" anything; posting a bunch of smiley faces doing a variety of things does not a critique make. Posting ones that say "fuck you", or "loser" are simply attempts to circumvent the rules.

My doing? How is it my doing? Most of all of this is either yours or his. Someone posts a thread you guys don't like, and one of you (usually him first; like any bully you don't normally post until you think you've got numbers on your side) come in looking for a fight. You're not fooling anyone.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Believe me the last thing I want to do is micro manage the Stern forum. I want this to be a place that you guys can have fun. But its not fun in this area right now.

I am also very well aware of those folks that are abrasive or strong personalities and would certainly take that into consideration in reviewing threads.

The bottom line is that I just everyone to get along with all all this stuff going on. Me, I freaking hate banning. I'd rather be cut with a knife than ban someone. I will do everything I can to resolve issues before doing that, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

You've made notice of those you feel are abrasive and I'd ask them to take a look at that and consider your comments. You know I understand what you are saying. I am probably a pretty abrasive mod and I've angered many folks over the years. But you know I've made mistakes and I've tried to learn from those mistakes. I know I can't be every ones friend, but I do try to be fair and see things from both sides.

So come on guys its the holidays... its time for us to let some of this go. I'd say lets have a group hug, but I am not naive either nor am I delusional that this is going to just vanish over night. But I think if we all worked on it, we could certainly all get along much better than we do.

Honestly the spell checking thing, you gotta let that kind of stuff go. I am a terrible speller and sometimes my hands type beyond what my brain is thinking. I have to go back and edit stuff. I don't need someone nit picking my typos. I just isn't necessary!

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
Believe me the last thing I want to do is micro manage the Stern forum. I want this to be a place that you guys can have fun. But its not fun in this area right now.

I am also very well aware of those folks that are abrasive or strong personalities and would certainly take that into consideration in reviewing threads.

The bottom line is that I just everyone to get along with all all this stuff going on. Me, I freaking hate banning. I'd rather be cut with a knife that ban someone. I will do everything I can to resolve issues before doing that, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

You've made notice of those you feel are abrasive and I'd ask them to take a look at that and consider your comments. You know I understand what you are saying. I am probably a pretty abrasive mod and I've angered many folks over the years. But you know I've made mistakes and I've tried to learn from those mistakes. I know I can't be every ones friend, but I do try to be fair and see things from both sides.

So come on guys its the holidays... its time for us to let some of this go. I'd say lets have a group hug, but I am not naive either nor am I delusional that this is going to just vanish over night. But I think if we all worked on it, we could certainly all get along much better than we do.
I totally agree with everything you've said. I know you don't want to ref these guys, and I totally agree that we need to do a better job of getting along. There are certainly people here who are just trolling on both sides.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Jgatie and Forevernever, you guys are like a dog with a bone!

This going back and fourth is exactly what I am talking about. This is the kind of stuff that posters in this forum are tired of.

Do you know that you two report more issues on this forum than any other posters that we have? Look at what so and so is doing? Uh.. No.... look at what you are doing. that would go a long way in solving this.

Guys.. Guys! ENOUGH! No one is perfect, but your character defects... (sorry that is a treatment term) are showing big time! Let this stuff GO!

Gosh I've never seen so much nit picking of each other in my life and I do groups with adolescent teens that are junkies! LOL

Reactions: ProperModulation

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
Jgatie and Forevernever, you guys are like a dog with a bone!

This going back and fourth is exactly what I am talking about. This is the kind of stuff that posters in this forum are tired of.

Do you know that you two report more issues on this forum than any other posters that we have? Look at what so and so is doing? Uh.. No.... look at what you are doing. that would go a long way in solving this.

Guys.. Guys! ENOUGH! No one is perfect, but your character defects... (sorry that is a treatment term) are showing big time! Let this stuff GO!

Gosh I've never seen so much nit picking of each other in my life and I do groups with adolescent teens that are junkies! LOL
I'm fine with that. And I've only made 4 (it may actually have been 3, I can't remember) reports since I've been on this board, all of them about JGatie and Scionic, and all of them legitimate, as they've continued to ignore the rules despite repeated warnings. If you were to review their history, you'll see that they are the source of the majority of negativity. Jgatie vs DML; Jgatie vs HTD; Jgatie vs me; Jgatie vs etc. The common denominator? Jgatie. Another thing that may go a long way to solving the problem would be to enforce the rules when they are violated. It would nip a lot of this in the bud.

I'll leave this thread - and this issue - at that.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I'm fine with that. And I've only made 4 (it may actually have been 3, I can't remember) reports since I've been on this board, all of them about JGatie and Scionic, and all of them legitimate, as they've continued to ignore the rules despite repeated warnings. If you were to review their history, you'll see that they are the source of the majority of negativity. Jgatie vs DML; Jgatie vs HTD; Jgatie vs me; Jgatie vs etc. The common denominator? Jgatie. Another thing that may go a long way to solving the problem would be to enforce the rules when they are violated. It would nip a lot of this in the bud.

I'll leave this thread - and this issue - at that.

I appreciate your comments and I hope these guys will review this info and take it into consideration even if they disagree with it. Understanding this in your view and not necessarily every ones view of them. Still we don't need group or niche attacks of members. We don't need nit picking of typos and grammar. We do need to allow posters to have conversations and if you have an opposing opinion that is fine, make it and let it go. That goes for BOTH SIDES!

I have seen rules violated and some of you have been called on them.

The idea is to create an area in the forum where you guys can have fun. But all this stuff isn't fun, this is just crazy stuff.

I want to see this area self policed and cleaned up. I know you guys can do it. I am going to do my best to hold you all to that and lets see where we can go from here. If you are already thinking... all that shit isn't going to change. Well if we all think that it probably won't.

You know for a month now I've said Sirius isn't going to give us any channels back, those morons never reverse a decision, they never listen to subscribers. So what do they do today? Give 2 channels back, add some requested programs. I had grown cynical. I think some of you have too in term of Stern and the quality of the show. Some still find him entertaining and funny, which is good. The bottom line is that things can change. If Sirius can reverse course to my disbelief. I think you guys on this forum can too. I don't expect you all to be best friends, but be tolerant and civil to each other. The rest will take care of itself.

Now I am getting off my soapbox and going to bed. I want you all to know straight up from me. I've flagged the Stern forum with the admins and other mods. I've told them I think we need to review this area closer and if you guys can't clean it up then we will.

Thanks,

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
I think the best way to solve this problem (besides Howard making some effort into not repeating bits that weren't great the first five times) is to have a "Crazy Alice Off". Just say things that Crazy Alice has said or would likely say. However, make sure they are in quotes, so you realize it isn't personal...it's just your inner freak coming out!

"Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you....Six, six, six. I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!"

Doesn't that make it better?

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
DAB is correct. We have the Stern forum so we all can DISCUSS the show and everything Stern.

Some tend to take things too personally and attack everyone.

If these issues don't go away soon, we'll loose some members and possibly the Stern forum.

Reactions: IronJabroni

DoublEE

Oct 11, 2008
South Euclid, Ohio
Wasn't the whole Stern Revolution about Free Speech ?

This feels like censorship to me. Again JMO
1. What does some stupid tag line from the Stern Show have to do with this forum?

2. Freedom of speech does not apply to private forums. The mods have the right to censor or delete posts amd then can ban memebers without recourse.

DoublEE

Oct 11, 2008
South Euclid, Ohio
Some of you jackasses (and you know who you are) are eventually going to pay the price for your stupidity. Eventually something will have to be done.

Almost every Stern thread degrades into the same people trading the same insults. Give it a rest guys.