Yesterdays Book Reading Bit

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
If it was a cmmeical, it was a bad one. I think Howard proved that getting other readers was a an awful idea. In fact, Artie was bored to tears while reading it.

I just caught Artie's episode of Man Caves today and he treated that just like his audiobook. He started out OK but he didn't want to put in the amount of work required to finish the episode so he had his comedian buddies come in and cover for him.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
for all the people hating bob levy, at least he has a couple funny lines in the book. the worst guest reader IMO is florentine. he has a monotone voice and its kind of annoying after a while.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Gee, your "ignore" button must be broken. By the way, if you want to call me a name, why don't you have the guts and just do it instead of using a smiley face?

Becuase it is so much easier to ridicule your posts by pointing out your positive attitude and sunny fucking disposition? :bigclap:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
You know, I don't even want to get involved in this. But here it goes!

If you don't like Stern, then haul your ass out of this forum and don't come back! If I have to start banning in order the clean up this mess then that I what I am going to do. If I need to use names, I damn sure will!

Now enough of the BS. Again, if you don't like Stern, if you can't find anything good about the show, then this isn't the forum for you. The Stern forum is for Stern Fans!

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008

If you don't like Stern, then haul your ass out of this forum and don't come back! If I have to start banning in order the clean up this mess then that I what I am going to do. If I need to use names, I damn sure will!

Now enough of the BS. Again, if you don't like Stern, if you can't find anything good about the show, then this isn't the forum for you. The Stern forum is for Stern Fans!

Bravo!! :clap:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Actually, the reason for the lack of Stern posts is because EVERY SINGLE time anyone posts anything positive about the show, some of the constant complainers on here always turn the thread into a hate thread. So now, even when I find something hilarious, I usually don't post about it because you people, comedic icons that you all are will spend time to tell me:

1. Why the bit I enjoyed wasn't funny
2. How it was done better 5+ years ago
3. How the whole show isn't funny anymore.

I'm not against complaining when it is legitamate (i skipped most of todays show) but disecting every single minute and then proclaiming them unfunny is just rather over the top.

Perhaps we need TWO Howard forums, one for people that like the show and one for people that don't.

This is a great post and I could not agree more! Thanks for posting it!

I've had enough of this nonsense myself.

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

I have been listening to Howard for over 20 years, I think I am a fan. I also think Howard isn't at his best lately does that make me any less of a fan ?

Ask any Chicago Cubs fan, fans are fans through thick and thin.

A fan shouldn't be confused with a cheerleader. JMO

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I have been listening to Howard for over 20 years, I think I am a fan. I also think Howard isn't at his best lately does that make me any less of a fan ?

Well the bottom line is that you and some others seem to do nothing but nit pick every freaking thing that goes on. If someone else says they like it, you've got 10 reason why they shouldn't.

It is one thing to say you know I didn't care for the bit and then move on. But damn reading through the threads that is not what I see at all.

I know the difference between a cheerleader and a fan and you don't seem like a fan to me.

Say what you got to say and then let it go, try that for a change!

I don't need to ask anyone about being a fan, I am a New Orleans Saint's fan. Enough Said! I may not agree with some of the decisions Tom Benson makes in regards to the team, but I'll say what I have to say then I move on. I may not like certain players and I may not like certain plays, but I still support the Francise being in New Orleans and one day we are going to put together a winning team.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008

Please point out one positive post about the Howard Stern Show since you got here. Just one. Not two . . . one.

A fan should also not be confused with a constantly negative troll.

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

Well the bottom line is that you and some others seem to do nothing but nit pick every freaking thing that goes on. If someone else says they like it, you've got 10 reason why they shouldn't.

It is one thing to say you know I didn't care for the bit and then move on. But damn reading through the threads that is not what I see at all.

I know the difference between a cheerleader and a fan and you don't seem like a fan to me.

Say what you got to say and then let it go, try that for a change!

Wasn't the whole Stern Revolution about Free Speech ?

This feels like censorship to me. Again JMO

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
And by the way, now that DAB has opened the door for people who actually want to discuss the show . . . I could listen to Bob Levy misspell and mispronounce words from here to eternity.

Plus, if it actually leads to Levy taking a reading test live on the air? Radio Gold (in this or any era)!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Wasn't the whole Stern Revolution about Free Speech ?

This feels like censorship to me. Again JMO

I don't care what it feels like. I am sick of you guys nit picking every little freaking thread with your negative stuff. If you could just say what you don't like and let it go, but no, you have go through every thread, comment on every positive post with your negative stuff. Why? You made your point, why it is necessary to harp on it. Not every thing every day is negative about the show, but reading through the post that is sure the way it seems.

Also don't try to pull the censorship bull shit on me, that dog won't hunt! This has nothing to do with censorship.

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Please point out one positive post about the Howard Stern Show since you got here. Just one. Not two . . . one.

A fan should also not be confused with a constantly negative troll.

Your words to me when ya gave me neg rep points

"You'll be hearing from the mods soon, personal attacks are now forbidden"

Calling someone a troll sounds personal to me. Again JMO

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008

I wish you success but you are dealing with sick people here who get off whining about their formerly beloved show and how bad it sucks now and they have to (in most cases) pay $ for it. Can't live with it, can't kill it, compelled to listen and complain. Waaahhh, I can't identify with Howard anymore, waaahhh.

For f*ck's sake I've got the same jackoff bombarding me with 'negative rep' (whatever that's worth) every day...that ain't normal.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Operative words are in bold. DAB isn't Congress.

And I didn't call you a troll, anymore than you called DAB a cheerleader. I said there was a difference between a fan and a troll.

Still, I hope you can find that positive post, so no action has to be taken and you can interact with the group in a civilized and constructive manner. Keep on looking.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I wish you success but you are dealing with sick people here who get off whining about their formerly beloved show and how bad it sucks now and they have to (in most cases) pay $ for it. Can't live with it, can't kill it, compelled to listen and complain. Waaahhh, I can't identify with Howard anymore, waaahhh.

You could be right!

Still it just makes no sense to me that if there is a thread where everyone is talking about the show and have a good discussion. Then someone comes on and says, well I understand you guys like the show today, but I didn't really care for it and here is why. Then the next day they came into another thread and said. Today show was really funny, I liked such and such. But instead it seems there are just these select few folks that nit pick every little thing and jump into every thread and want to argue about what they didn't like. Okay you didn't like it, we got it. Now move on and let the rest of us that did like it discuss it. You go start another thread if you need to just continously talk about what you didn't like, but let everyone else having their conversation.

This isn't hard and it isn't rocket science. But when someone never finds anything good about anything in regards to the show, I have to question why are they in this forum at all?

Reactions: jef

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
For those of you in this forum that are getting neg reps from the same people over and over, please send me a PM so I can look into that.

Thanks,

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
But when someone never finds anything good about anything in regards to the show, I have to question why are they in this forum at all?

batman_photos_caine.jpg

Some men just want to watch the world burn . . .

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
Becuase it is so much easier to ridicule your posts by pointing out your positive attitude and sunny fucking disposition? :bigclap:

:no:

Anyway, I've noticed that there are a few posters here who like to gang up on others. They won't post anything until one of the others has started a little spat, then they show up to join in the attack (as they are now). I think the negative posts about the show are more of a response to certain posters and their behavior here and the old board than legitimate gripes.

But,

If you're only going to allow certain opinions on your forum, that's your perogative. However, you're not going to have many members if you chose to censor folks. I think the forum guidelines are good ones; they try to keep things civil (despite the best efforts of certain posters), while allowing people to express themselves. You allow your members to decide for themselves what's worth discussing and what isn't. If people don't like the negative posts, ignore them. I find it ironic that one common mantra here is, "if you don't like it, don't listen". Well, the same goes true for here as well.

Reactions: jamesp717

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008