Yesterdays Book Reading Bit

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
, all of them about JGatie and Scionic, and all of them legitimate,

ignore - its a wonderfull thing...

I do have to say last week I sent an email to a friend saying the show has been on fire since thanksgiving break, not so much this week though. :idunno:

I haven't listened to todays show, but am as excited as usual :bigclap:

Reactions: jamesp717

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

1. What does some stupid tag line from the Stern Show have to do with this forum?

2. Freedom of speech does not apply to private forums. The mods have the right to censor or delete posts amd then can ban memebers without recourse.

As a fan of the show I know Howard has always complained about his show being censored in the past and still rants about those censored years regularly.

As a fan of that same show I feel like having your opinion questioned and critiqued and being told to discuss only positive things feels like censorship. :ignore:

On these boards that tag line should be the concept we strive for if we are indeed fans of Howard's show. Again JMO

DoublEE

Oct 11, 2008
South Euclid, Ohio
As a fan of that same show I feel like having your opinion questioned and critiqued and being told to discuss only positive things feels like censorship. :ignore:

You're not being told by the mods to discuss only positive things. You're being told (actually not you specifically) is actually HAVE A DISCUSSION instead of the pissy little off-topic name-calling and trading of personal insults. :blah: I'm sure DAB and the rest of the mods have had enough of the petty tattling and abuse reports.

Once again, you guys know exactly what behavior is being singled out so stop acting ignorant. Mark my words...if you don't cut the crap, the forum gods will do it for you. That may mean deletions, bans or the discontinuation of this section of the forum. Just keep pushing and you'll see soon enough.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana

No one has told you that so quit with your nonsense! These type exaggerations are exactly what I am talking about. EXACTLY!

If you feel you are being censored, then that is about you and you have an option. You can walk away and simply not post in our Stern forum.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
batman_photos_caine.jpg

Some men just want to watch the world burn . . .

Got to say, that's spot on (with analysis) and AWESOME (because I love the new Batman franchise)!

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
My god, what have a I started here.

Look, here is how it goes.

I don't like Nascar. I don't get it, I don't follow it and for the life of me I don't understand its popularity. However, I don't go into the Nascar forums on here just to tell those people how I feel. WHy? Because they don't care and quite frankly they don't want to hear it and I would fully expect to be banned or get negative points if I did something like this because it is rude and just childish. Same thing with the frequent complainers on the Stern Forum.

I'll never have a problem with a legitimate complaint about the Stern show but to sit and listen for 5 hours and then look back and realize that the entire show was horrible and then to feel like posting about it to people that did enjoy the show is just strange to me. If a bit fails or isn't funny--fine but to keep telling people that did enjoy it that they are wrong because the show sucked is probably one of the dumbest things you could possibly do.

DoublEE

Oct 11, 2008
South Euclid, Ohio
My god, what have a I started here.

Look, here is how it goes.

I don't like Nascar. I don't get it, I don't follow it and for the life of me I don't understand its popularity. However, I don't go into the Nascar forums on here just to tell those people how I feel. WHy? Because they don't care and quite frankly they don't want to hear it and I would fully expect to be banned or get negative points if I did something like this because it is rude and just childish. Same thing with the frequent complainers on the Stern Forum.

I'll never have a problem with a legitimate complaint about the Stern show but to sit and listen for 5 hours and then look back and realize that the entire show was horrible and then to feel like posting about it to people that did enjoy the show is just strange to me. If a bit fails or isn't funny--fine but to keep telling people that did enjoy it that they are wrong because the show sucked is probably one of the dumbest things you could possibly do.

it is very strange indeed. However, people need to stop engaging these individuals. Ignore them and let the DRC staff deal with the knuckleheads.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Some people just can't respect the boundaries... I could rip on 0&0 all day long but have tried to let them have their own space...

And what a space it is. I swear, Goreds could drop dead in that forum and it would take 3 weeks and another lost affiliate before anyone found him. :candle:

Reactions: IronJabroni

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
One thing I don't get is why people will post in a thread they hate? Why do people that hate people complaining about Stern show post in that thread. It's so easy to stop the bullshit without banning anyone. If you don't like a thread or if it gets to heated and you think people are complaining to much QUIT FUCKING POSTING IN IT. Don't reply to someone who is complaining. Use ignore. The more you guys reply the more they will continue to post.

Sometimes I don't like things about the show. Most of the time I just let it go and not post about it. Sometimes I like to voice my opinion. If this place turns into nothing but a Stern love fest and that he can do no wrong I don't want to be here. The guys makes mistakes and he pisses people off sometime. I think people should be allowed to voice that opinion. If you don't like that thread then don't post in it. It kills me that people on here say they hate the people whining and complaining. If that was so true then they wouldn't fuel their fire by arguing and posting in their thread. That being said if you have a problem with a bit or the show that day don't ruin someone's thread by bitching and complaining. It's a fucking radio show. Let it go.

I guess I may be banned for voicing an opinon,but oh well. I'm sick of all the shit.

DoublEE

Oct 11, 2008
South Euclid, Ohio
One thing I don't get is why people will post in a thread they hate? Why do people that hate people complaining about Stern show post in that thread. It's so easy to stop the bullshit without banning anyone. If you don't like a thread or if it gets to heated and you think people are complaining to much QUIT FUCKING POSTING IN IT. Don't reply to someone who is complaining. Use ignore. The more you guys reply the more they will continue to post.

Sometimes I don't like things about the show. Most of the time I just let it go and not post about it. Sometimes I like to voice my opinion. If this place turns into nothing but a Stern love fest and that he can do no wrong I don't want to be here. The guys makes mistakes and he pisses people off sometime. I think people should be allowed to voice that opinion. If you don't like that thread then don't post in it. It kills me that people on here say they hate the people whining and complaining. If that was so true then they wouldn't fuel their fire by arguing and posting in their thread. That being said if you have a problem with a bit or the show that day don't ruin someone's thread by bitching and complaining. It's a fucking radio show. Let it go.

I guess I may be banned for voicing an opinon,but oh well. I'm sick of all the shit.

Excellent points. However, no one is saying you can't voice an opinion. It's all the petty fighting that goes on.

Bottom line is this bullshit needs to stop.:shifty:

Last edited:

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

I hear you loud and clear.

But that is all I will say on that matter. :ignore:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Sometimes I don't like things about the show. Most of the time I just let it go and not post about it. Sometimes I like to voice my opinion. If this place turns into nothing but a Stern love fest and that he can do no wrong I don't want to be here.

Once again where are you people getting this bull shit about being banned for voicing an opinion? How many times and how much more clear can it be?

No one wants this place to be a love fest for Stern. But what we want is you all to be civil to each other and quit nit picking every little thing someone says or every little thing that happens on the show.

If you read a thread it is primarily just folks talking about what they liked and you hated it. Maybe that isn't a good thread for you to post in that you hated it. Maybe you need to start another thread? Maybe you go ahead and give your opinion and when someone says I disagree, instead of flinging back, just don't and let the thread return to the discussion already in progress.

Anyone reading through the threads can tell who the trouble makers are and they very damn well know who they are. The last thing that anyone wants to do is ban someone, but damn if you can't be civil and you can't respect each other then something has to done.

So no one is being told to only post positive messages about Stern. No one is being censored and hopefully no one will get banned from all this. But that will be up to each of you. My point as a mod, police yourself or we will do it for you. I don't think that is asking too much! For those of you that are sick of the shit, then don't be part of it, its simple as that.