You're Rewriting Jerry Seinfeld History Howard

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
When Howard asked the "I Spit on Your Grave" actress to remember him and come back after she was a big star and not to forget him like other stars had, Howard gave Jerry Seinfeld as an example of someone he had helped in the beginning who had forgotten about him.. This is not really accurate. Jerry was still calling from time to time when he was big... He stopped calling after Howard did a fairly graphic song parody about Jerry's teenage girlfriend (Shoshana Lowenstein). And if I remember correctly, when the Seinfeld show debuted, Howard was dubious that it would succeed. He definitely was not plugging it.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
hahah that was a great song. didnt he get the actual singer of the real song to play it in the studio while he did the jerry lyrics? it was when i was 17 or something like that right?

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
i can't stand interviews with "hot" girls. howard has said it a million times, hot girls think everything they say is soooooo important, because guys will listen to their sh*t all day for a chance to get with them.

how does this work for listeners on the radio again?

sorry for the thread jack

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Seinfeld was a successful comedian prior to the TV show, and appearing on Howard's show had very little to do with promoting the TV show. I've never faulted Jerry for not being on the show again (until recently); he was offended by the song, etc. and was just protecting himself. Howard definitely has revised history here.

BTW, I liked Sarah Butler on the show this morning, at least she "got" the show and rolled with the questions and was fairly intelligent. Might be a nice thing if she does become a "regular" guest when she has something to promote.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RytMJ2-X-rw]YouTube - Seinfeld's Girl is 17 with Double Ds[/ame]

Wow! Howard was still doing cool stuff for the fans back then like putting on a ppv special. What a great time that must've been.

Reactions: hyson

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
It's only a bit of a rewrite. If Jerry had any balls, he would've defended himself...although, it's a bit hard to defend. It's so funny that the public has pretty much forgotten about this . Howard doesn't mention it either, of course....Ok, you convinced me!

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
That bit is classic writing by Jackie and Fred. That Seinfeld look-a-like is amazing as well. The whole thing is awesome.

I miss that Howard. It's like a different person back them.