You've got to hand it to Benjy...

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
This first week of shows (and really, tailing off from last year's end-of-year shows), no person's activities have gotten more attention than...

Rush Limbaugh!

...and, Benjy Bronk. The guy has been the subject of HOURS of discussion about his date, what he did or didn't do, what she did or didn't do, what Ronnie did with her, who saw what, where did the pics Benjy took of them both in bed get posted to, etc. etc.

I'm not saying that's a good thing, but if he set out to create a buzz for himself, the guy overachieved to a crazy level! I wanna see if he can sustain it next week, too, and how quickly they have Sarah Hauessler back in the studio.

I tip my hat to him!

:clap:

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
Did anyone listen to Superfan roundtable yesterday?

One guy's complaint was that they didn't discuss Robin's activities and they never revealed what Ralph did that was so bad.

This is why they need Artie.

Benjy is a normal guy who Howard loves to portray as a crazy person.

The party thing was probably tamer than they let on. And they really piled on his girl too. They were vicious to her. Fuck that.

Let's discuss if Robin fucked her man and what Ralph did?

What did Howard do over vacation? What happened to the show where people talked about their personal lives.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Benjy does nothing but bring the show to a grinding hault with his stupid schitck.

Hyson my man you hit the nail on the head! Benji does things for air time. I bet he planned this whole thing. He knew if he brought that chic and she acted up it would give him air time. I think thats what he did and it worked like a charm. For the record I can't stand Benji. He brings TWUS to a stand still.

Reactions: hyson

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Hyson my man you hit the nail on the head! Benji does things for air time. I bet he planned this whole thing. He knew if he brought that chic and she acted up it would give him air time. I think thats what he did and it worked like a charm. For the record I can't stand Benji. He brings TWUS to a stand still.

I would bet the farm on it.... (and right back atcha!)

rickster53

Oct 16, 2008
Syracuse,NY

I had to turn off TWUS yesterday because I got so sick of them being stuck in the Benjy Vortex. His combination of phony outrage and not being able to give a straight answer to any question never fails to make me change the channel.

Reactions: Ehilbert1

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Benjy is fascinating when Robin is secretive about her life, Howard can only talk about walking red carpets and saving owls with his wife and Artie is absent. Perhaps one of the other interns is a vegetarian or is in a ska band, something...anything?

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Benjy is an abnormal guy who Howard loves to portray as a crazy person.

Fixed it for you :) Benjy is as nutty as K.C. but probably less dangerous. And while he may have some funny ideas at times, he isn't funny enough to pull off the Andy Kaufman "life as schtick" persona he attempts.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
They are just zeroing in on Benjy to make it easier to keep things off of Artie.
Lazy.

DEFINITELY a factor. But I think when they decided to go down that slippery slope, they didn't realize how far Benjy would take them down that slope...

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
spot on. i wish they would ignore him

I know, I know.

Benji has been a great deflection from Artie.

Also, what did Ralph do? I'm assuming he was one of the people smoking pot inside the party and also probably got WAY too drunk.

Howard sounded pissed but I wish he would have told us.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I know, I know.

Benji has been a great deflection from Artie.

Also, what did Ralph do? I'm assuming he was one of the people smoking pot inside the party and also probably got WAY too drunk.

Howard sounded pissed but I wish he would have told us.

He probably loaded his pocket with knish for later on. :rofl2:

But yeah, I guarantee he got waaaay boozed up and made an ass of himself or threw up somewhere inappropriate.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
Benjy does nothing but bring the show to a grinding hault with his stupid schitck.

I agree. and you can almost always tell when howard is reading one of his one-liners.

btw, why do they keep referring to benji's date as "benji's date" instead of calling her by her first name? what gives? it just annoys me for some reason.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I agree. and you can almost always tell when howard is reading one of his one-liners.

btw, why do they keep referring to benji's date as "benji's date" instead of calling her by her first name? what gives? it just annoys me for some reason.

Have you ever known Howard to give out free plugs? :clueless:

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
I think Ralph did something involving Beth, I think he probably insulted her while he was drunk/high. When Sal was asking about it, Howard said it was along the same lines as something Sal would do. Whatever it is probably isn't even that bad. Thr throwing up everywhere was bad and Howard let him off the hook on that one.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I think Ralph did something involving Beth, I think he probably insulted her while he was drunk/high. When Sal was asking about it, Howard said it was along the same lines as something Sal would do. Whatever it is probably isn't even that bad. Thr throwing up everywhere was bad and Howard let him off the hook on that one.

It was during the Wrap Up Show when Ralph made a sarcastic remark to something Gary said about Beth. Gary said in reference to a caller complaining about Beth that there's a lot of people that are interested in Beth's career and her charities. Ralph called in after the break and said that he had something quick to say so that Gary could get to all of the callers wanting to ask about Beth's charities.

It was something like that. It happened in October, mid-October.

I'm waaaaayyyy behind in my listening.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
It was during the Wrap Up Show when Ralph made a sarcastic remark to something Gary said about Beth. Gary said in reference to a caller complaining about Beth that there's a lot of people that are interested in Beth's career and her charities. Ralph called in after the break and said that he had something quick to say so that Gary could get to all of the callers wanting to ask about Beth's charities.

It was something like that. It happened in October, mid-October.

I'm waaaaayyyy behind in my listening.

There's even a thread about it here, it may have been the funniest, best thing Ralph ever said, and oh-so-true! :hhh: