Ziggy Marley to Host New Show on SiriusXM

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 7, 2008
ziggy-marley.jpg

Sirius XM Radio announced today that five-time Grammy-winning musician, actor, artist, activist and humanitarian*Ziggy Marley*will host a new monthly show,*Ziggy Marley’s Legends of Reggae.

The monthly show will launch on*Sunday, February 5, the eve of the birthday of his late father,*Bob Marley, at*12:00 pm ET*on The Joint, channel 42. This first episode features Ziggy speaking in depth with reggae legend*Jimmy Cliff.

Ziggy Marley’s Legends of Reggae will feature Marley sharing his unique perspective on music and culture and introducing listeners to his favorite reggae music and sources of inspiration (with some rarities), plucked from his own personal collection. The show will also include music from the Marley family, including material from Ziggy’s most recent solo studio album,*Wild and Free, and throwback selections dating back to his days as a*Melody Maker. In addition to*Jimmy Cliff,*Ziggy Marley’s Legends of Reggae will feature other special guests on the monthly show.

“It is my privilege to use this medium to honor the Legends of Reggae and to use it as a vehicle to educate and enlighten listeners,” said*Ziggy Marley.

“Through his show, Ziggy will be able to share with our subscribers reggae music from the beginning to now with insight unique to him and his family,” said*Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SiriusXM. “Hearing songs from his personal collections and his conversations with the greats of reggae is something music fans will treasure, and we are honored to launch the show on the eve of the birthday of his father, the late*Bob Marley.”

Ziggy Marley’s Legends of Reggae will air the first Saturday of each month at*12:00 pm ET, and will be rebroadcast the next day, Sunday, at*2:00 pm ET.

Ziggy Marley*was born in 1968 in Trenchtown, Jamaica.*Ziggy began his musical career playing with his father, reggae legend*Bob Marley, and his siblings Sharon, Cedella and Stephen in 1979.*The siblings became known as*Ziggy Marley*and the Melody Makers, and released over 11 albums, three of which were Grammy winners.**Ziggy has released several solo albums since 2003, including:*Dragonfly; his Grammy Award-winning Love*Is My Religion;*Family Time, which won him his fifth career Grammy, but his first in the children’s arena; and the Grammy-nominatedWild and Free. Always politically aware, Ziggy has also been involved with*the United Nations, and has formed his own charity U.R.G.E as well as contributed in various ways to other charities such as Little Kids Rock,*Amnesty International.*In 2010, Ziggy and his brothers*Rohan*and Robbie*traveled to*South Africa*to film the documentary*Marley Africa Road Trip. In 2011, the 30-year career of*Ziggy Marley*continued stronger than ever with the “MarijuanaMan” comic book. Ziggy continues to tour and perform at festivals internationally as well as at his own Legends of Reggae festival in*California.

The Joint plays reggae music from its roots to today from artists like*Bob Marley*& the Wailers,*Gregory Isaacs,*Jimmy Cliff, Burning Spear, Vybz Kartel, Capleton,*Dennis Brown, Sizzla, Beres Hammond and Jah Cure. The joint also features*Marley Monday, the weekly tribute special to*Bob Marley.

For more information on*Ziggy Marley, please visit*www.ziggymarley.com

---
View the original Article at Digital Radio Magazine or discuss it here.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Same here, have to record and listen to Ziggy's numerous stories of growing up the son of a superstar and how he emerged from his father's shadows.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I like Zig! Sounds interesting. More of this and less of the SAC's would probably steer me back.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
The monthly show will launch on*Sunday, February 5, the eve of the birthday of his late father,*Bob Marley, at*12:00 pm ET*on The Joint, channel 42. This first episode features Ziggy speaking in depth with reggae legend*Jimmy Cliff.

Did anyone get to listen? Just wondering what they thought of it.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
I wish I had listened. I've been a huge fan of the family for most of my life.