Zune hardware is going the way of the Dodo...

Discussion in 'Other MP3 Players' started by Evil_Ernie, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

2. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Apple will eventually do the same thing with the Classic I think. They've made upgrades to the other models but haven't touched the Classic at all. I still have mine because I can't stick a 48GB collection on a 32GB phone.
  3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

My nephew will be bummed. He loves his Zune.
    The Mrs has one, but she isn't much of a gadget person. She doesn't use it a lot anyway. She prolly won't care one way or the other as long as it's still working for her.
  4. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Apple needs something with a lot of storage in their product line. I bet they keep the 160GB iPod around for a long time.
  5. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Probably but there won't be a lot of attention paid to it. No upgrades or anything like that. Until the day you see a 160GB Nano. :eek:
  6. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

I'm a big Zune fan. I love ym ZuneHD, and am sort of sad to see they wont be making these dedicated players, but from what I see with integration with Xboxlive, and the Windows 7 phone, the Zune software will live on, and that's what I love the most, along with my zune pass.
  7. Brad Bishop

Brad Bishop Member

I'd love to have a 128GB iPhone. I could finally put everyone in one place (Not hard drive based - flash memory and I want it the same size as the current iPhone).
  8. KTMCDO

KTMCDO Member

9. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Is this really surprising? NO! The Zune has just not caught on because the iPod Touch has continuously kicked its ass. Why just a music player when you can have a device for a bit more than does almost everything an iPhone can do. Consumers figured this out pretty darn quickly!

I wonder when the Courier or was that Slate Pad is coming out. OH that's rather they canned that too. Nevermind!
  10. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

DAD seriously?? How arrogant can one person be? I get it you like Apple. Why must you put down competing products? You put down the Xoom before it was even out. By the way I checked one out and it's pretty damn nice and yes Flash was running on it just fine. I like you DAB I really do. I used to enjoy reading your posts, but now it's one put down after another. I read your review on the roku and I thought to myself..... why is he even bothering? He will pick Apple TV no matter what. Like you said you have to much invested to switch. I don't ever want to be like that. I'm open to any and every company.

I was really considering getting a Macbook Pro and later on an Imac, but your arrogance is really making me reconsider. I love the Macbook Pro and the Imac. I've done a lot of research and youtube reasearch and their great products. I just can't handle the Apple fan arrogance. Let me tell you a lot of people here feel the same way, but won't post because we all know what will happen. I wasn't going to post this, but I can't take it anymore. Please bring back the level headed DAB. Most of the people here that are into Apple(mrpacs,jon,jeff so on) aren't arrogant like you. They answered all my questions and helped me out. Thats how you used to be.
  11. GoodDog

GoodDog New Member

The HP Slate? I have an eval unit.

MS is a disaster when it comes to hardware (not xBox) , instead of developing the products they drop just about every product line they release (anyone remember MS wireless networking product line?) . They should just get out of the hardware business its not core for them.
  12. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I love MS keyboards. The Zune always seemed a day late and a dollar short.
  13. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

I couldn't even tell you the last piece of MS hardware that I bought. It was probably a mouse like 10 years ago. They really should stick with software (I just upgraded a couple PCs to Win7 at home and I couldn't be happier with them). I liked the Zune but passed on it for an ipod touch a couple years back. Mainly for the app support you get with ipod but you don't get with zune. I hope that the Zune interface lives on and can build itself up to the level of ios or android as far as apps and stuff.
  14. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

15. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

You know Ehil, you do a lot of selective reading.

Yes, I reviewed the ROKU and while I ended up with the Apple TV, I did at least give it a fair shot. Just like I did with the Android Phones. I don't see where I have put down anything, but I did give my opinion based on my experience. You see that is the difference between you and I. I actually have experience with these products on both sides, unlike you who talks talks about getting them.

The Roku as I said was pretty damn good, my son liked it and he ended up with it.

I recently took a stab at the Droid X, had a great experience, but as you said I am so tied to the Apple platform it really doesn't make sense, but that didn't stop me from giving it a try. I gave a honest opinion of my experiences, which is more than I can say for you in regards to Apple products.

I am no more arrogant than you are Ehil. You are so freaking arrogant that you'd let my opinion about Apple products vs others push you to not get an Apple product? Really? Wow I sure have a lot of power over you bro. But I've read things you've said about Apple without ever having tried it and so what does that make you exactly?

There is much to be critical about with Apple and I have verbalized that as much. OH but you don't see those post, how convenient. You know bro, it isn't about arrogance it is about choice. Yes, I like Apple products and I am not ashamed of that one iota. If because I talk positive about my experiences bothers you so much that is about you, not me. Just because I like them, doesn't mean everyone else has too. I have always and always will defend choice. It is great that we all get to buy and use what we like or works best for our lifestyle.

You asked for advice about going with the Mac and I shared my thoughts. Sorry if I like the devices and own and enjoy talking about them. But you don't know shit about me, you read what you want too in what I write and then call me out. I hope you feel better because I think you are giving my post and my comments why more credit and power than they deserve, but again that is ALL about you!
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  16. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Well the 360 has done well and know this new devices that connects, Kenectic or whatever it is call is doing damn well for them. So, not a total disaster.

So how is that Slate? hehehe

I like their keyboards and the mice aren't bad, though I actually have Logitech keyboard and mouse.

When you compare like that keyboards and mouse they really are much more expensive. Logitech I think kicks their butts on stuff like this.
  17. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

Who said you shouldn't enjoy the devices you own? All I have been seeing lately is you putting down the Xoom before it's even out. Putting down the Zune and saying the Ipod kicked its ass and so on. I'm glad you like the stuff you own. Thats great. I've just never seen a person so gung ho about a company. I'm assuming you own a lot of stock in Apple. Your passionate about a company like I'm passionate about my Buckeyes. I've never seen that before.

So I'm being arrogant? Hey I don't put down this product say and that product sucks or will fail before it even hits the street. I'm all about choice. Thats why I'm open to anything. Thats why I looked into a Mac. Oh and I never said I would let your opinion sway me. I said your arrogant talk is what turns me and others away from buying Mac. So what have I not tried? I have Ipods, I've had an Iphone 2g that I turned into an Ipod Touch? You may be talking about the Iphone 4. No I don't own it,but I saw others close to me have problems with it. So yea I may have said something about that.

Christ this is a dumb conversation and I should have just shut up. It's freaking phones and shit. It's just not worth going back and fourth.
  18. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Let me ask you something then I am going to let this go, because I am not about getting into pissing contest over something so trivial, but yet such a big damn deal to you.

When compared to the Zune has the iPod Touch not outsold it by huge margins and in fact by MS own admission they've never been able to crack the strong hold of the iPod. There words not mine, my words, they kicked their ass. That really bothers you don't it?

The Xoom, did you see anyone lining up to get them? Yeah, I've played with one myself and in fact have a buddy that owns one, so I've actually gotten a few hours of playing with one under my belt. I NEVER and you show me where I said the Xoom sucks. I said it was a fail before it ever hit the market and it seems based on sales my prediction is quickly coming true. Moto sucks at marketing and their pricing was all wrong. I did say that. But I never said the product itself sucked. They said it would be released with Flash, it wasn't! Is that a lie and bashing? No it's the truth. Flash just became available and its a beta mind you. Google is also famous for keeping things in beta for a long time, remember Gmail it was in beta for like 3 years. LOL On the Xoom they claim you'll be able to do 4G with a software update, yet now its being said you'll have to send it in for them to do this, I don't know this for a fact, but on the Verizon forum it is being reported that way. Not something I'd want to do after spending 800 bucks.

You said in your own post that what I've said is making you not want to get the Mac, now to clarify that I am just some blind Apple freak that pisses you off. Who is that about? My point to you is clear, if what someone has to say about a product or others products has that sort of impact on you. You really do take this shit way to personally and that is about you.

Now if you really want to continue this and I don't really think you do, because as you said it is a dumb conversation. I call BS on me ever saying any of those products I've tried sucked. I've always given my very personal reason why I opted for the Apple product instead and in the most recent case of the Android gave it high praise and marks. But you call me out on some BS, you can expect to get a dose of it back. So, why don't you and I just end it here and let this thread continue.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  19. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

Thats just it DAB I don't care what company sells what. I don't care that the Ipod out sold Zune. I don't care there wasn't people in line for Xoom. You do!!! You point it out any chance you get. You act like Apple is a sports team. You seem to think just because something outsells something it has to be better. Thats not always true. Toyota has sold a lot of Camrys. I have never in my life cared how much a company sells. I have never said this product kicked this products ass in sales. I will never be like that.

I know your no blind Apple fan. Thats the scary part. Your very well informed, but its the arrogance of..... "No matter what tablet comes out Apple will win". It's the arrogance of the Ipod kicked the Zunes ass? Who says that about a company???? I say that about my sports teams and my country. I'm not taking it personal. I just don't see how someone can be so damn passionate about a company. I'm passionate my Buckeyes because I graduated from there. I love college football. I'm not and never will be passionate about a company or their product.

Yes I want to end it. I have nothing against your or anyone here and your right you never said a product sucks.
  20. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I thought you were done? You still going!

I don't care which items out sales which either, but clearly when one dominates the market as the iPod and iPad has that says a lot about that product and the market speaks for itself. I am sorry that you don't get that, but its a fact. I understand that in the end sales alone isn't necessarily the only way to gauge a product. It clearly is the way we judge companies and value or devalue their stock.

However, I don't think a company has to out sale another to be a fine product. They have to sell enough of them to sustain their business or it has to be subsidized with the sales from other products. Which is what MS did with the Zune. Finally they have decided this is one product line they can't win with and have opted to change their strategy. XBox 360 was subsidized for years, but finally caught fire. MS hoped the Zune would too, but it didn't. I would say I guess MS is lucky that Apple doesn't have a gaming box, but that would be arrogant. LOL GEEZ!

Why does it bother you so much that I would say the iPod kicked the Zune's ass? It just a figure of speech. Why does it bother you so much that I've said the Xoom was destined fail and then laid out my reason. Who knows the Xoom is releasing their Wifi only version, it may actually make a comeback. They have even priced it in line with iPad. Apple will not always be on top, there day is coming where there is going to be an tablet come on the market that is going to kick their asses. But I guess if I said that about the other company kicking Apple's ass you'd be okay with that. You really crack me up bro, but what is sad is you are serious! Rule 62!

The big question is why does any of that have any freaking impact on you whatsoever? You accuse me of being arrogant and you don't know two freaking things about me personally. I am so far from arrogant and if you'd quit taking shit so personally you'd quickly see that.