2011 NCAAF Thread

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Thats to bad. I feel for Oklahoma State. Yea I know everyone thinks they would have no chance and would get killed. Lets not forget anything can happen on any give gameday. In 2002 everyone thought the slow guys from The Big Ten.... Ohio State would get blown out by the big bad Hurricanes. That didn't happen.

Oh yea to all you guys saying they lost to Iowa State and don't deserve it. Lets not forget that LSU lost to Kentucky in double overtime at Kentucky in 2007!! I guess its ok for them since they lost to an SEC team. This system sucks!!

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Everyone thought Tennessee was gonna get blown out by FSU.

I new Nebraska was gonna get killed by Miami.

Thought Ohio St was gonna get bounced by Miami.

They thought USC would beat Texas. Since then its been all SEC.

If Oklahoma would have beaten Texas Tech, I think OSU's win over them would have looked better. Iowa St isn't that bad, really.

I'm good with the system. I'd like it more if teams lost points for cupcake wins. Play only FBS schools in order to qualify for BCS Championships & Bowl Games.

There are lots of schools in the MAC, WAC, Mountain West. C-USA that would love to play LSU or Alabama every year. I bet Fresno St would love to play an SEC school every year.

I'm at peace with this years final. The two best teams in the country will get to play each other to see who the best team in college football is this year. Cuz both teams are lucky they don't have to play USC :)

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk :)

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Thats to bad. I feel for Oklahoma State. Yea I know everyone thinks they would have no chance and would get killed. Lets not forget anything can happen on any give gameday. In 2002 everyone thought the slow guys from The Big Ten.... Ohio State would get blown out by the big bad Hurricanes. That didn't happen.

Oh yea to all you guys saying they lost to Iowa State and don't deserve it. Lets not forget that LSU lost to Kentucky in double overtime at Kentucky in 2007!! I guess its ok for them since they lost to an SEC team. This system sucks!!

Meh at the end of the day OkSt had their chance and blew it. I agree though, the system blows and not many people outside of the southeast is going to want to see this rematch. But years like this just open more people's eyes to the flaws of the BCS and the closer we get to a playoff.

But, OkSt controlled their destiny and screwed up, so I don't feel for them.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Everyone thought Tennessee was gonna get blown out by FSU.

I new Nebraska was gonna get killed by Miami.

Thought Ohio St was gonna get bounced by Miami.

They thought USC would beat Texas. Since then its been all SEC.

If Oklahoma would have beaten Texas Tech, I think OSU's win over them would have looked better. Iowa St isn't that bad, really.

I'm good with the system. I'd like it more if teams lost points for cupcake wins. Play only FBS schools in order to qualify for BCS Championships & Bowl Games.

There are lots of schools in the MAC, WAC, Mountain West. C-USA that would love to play LSU or Alabama every year. I bet Fresno St would love to play an SEC school every year.

I'm at peace with this years final. The two best teams in the country will get to play each other to see who the best team in college football is this year. Cuz both teams are lucky they don't have to play USC :)

Thats why I say you never know. I knew in 2002 Miami had never faced a defense as tough and as fast as Ohio States that year. Your ok with it because no matter what an SEC team will the title. I will never understand how people can root for a conference. I hope Wisky and Michigan get killed in their bow games.

Meh at the end of the day OkSt had their chance and blew it. I agree though, the system blows and not many people outside of the southeast is going to want to see this rematch. But years like this just open more people's eyes to the flaws of the BCS and the closer we get to a playoff.

But, OkSt controlled their destiny and screwed up, so I don't feel for them.

You could say the same thing about Bama. Hell they had them at home with a couple of chances to win. Thats they key.... at home!

So again if Bama wins by say 3 who the hell gets the title?

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Thats why I say you never know. I knew in 2002 Miami had never faced a defense as tough and as fast as Ohio States that year. Your ok with it because no matter what an SEC team will the title. I will never understand how people can root for a conference. I hope Wisky and Michigan get killed in their bow games.

You could say the same thing about Bama. Hell they had them at home with a couple of chances to win. Thats they key.... at home!

So again if Bama wins by say 3 who the hell gets the title?

In my mind, if there is a rematch, LSU has already won the national championship for the 2011 season. All they are playing for now is the BCS championship, one game. Slight difference maybe but that is how I look at it.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Ohio State To Play Florida In Gator Bowl | WBNS-10TV

Ohio State To Play Florida In Gator Bowl

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State will take on Florida in the Gator Bowl on Jan. 2.

Both teams are unranked and had 6-6 seasons. Kickoff is set for 1 p.m. The game will be televised on ESPN2.

The game will have some intrigue built in since Ohio State announced last week it had hired former Florida coach Urban Meyer. His decision to join the Buckeyes came about a year after he left the Gators for health and family reasons.

Meyer will not coach Ohio State in the bowl game.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN

I'm not a fan of the SEC. Imho there's only two good teams in the whole conference. But those teams happen to be the best two teams in the country.

I chose to like more than one team. That's my choice. I've learned long ago that I do much better rooting for more than one team. I don't get all bent if my favorite loses. My next favorite might knock off the next team I don't like.

Sometimes my favorites are up. Sometimes they're down. If it benefits me to root for Ohio St, I will. If it benefits me to root for Michigan, I will.

I love the state of Wisconsin & its people. The Badgers have worked hard to get where they are. Next year it might not be the case. Next year Nebraska might be up. Or Iowa. To me, OSU has been up too long. I want someone else to be up. It might be great for college football to have OSU on top of the Big Ten +2, but its also good for the Northwesterns & Purdues to win it occasionally.

The two best teams in the country will play for the championship. What more can you ask for?

I get why they don't have a playoff for the FBS schools. Bowls are better for the division & for the schools. There will not be a playoff in the FBS in the near future, if not in my lifetime. Love what we have now. It could be worse...

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I'm not a fan of the SEC. Imho there's only two good teams in the whole conference. But those teams happen to be the best two teams in the country.

I chose to like more than one team. That's my choice. I've learned long ago that I do much better rooting for more than one team. I don't get all bent if my favorite loses. My next favorite might knock off the next team I don't like.

Sometimes my favorites are up. Sometimes they're down. If it benefits me to root for Ohio St, I will. If it benefits me to root for Michigan, I will.

I love the state of Wisconsin & its people. The Badgers have worked hard to get where they are. Next year it might not be the case. Next year Nebraska might be up. Or Iowa. To me, OSU has been up too long. I want someone else to be up. It might be great for college football to have OSU on top of the Big Ten +2, but its also good for the Northwesterns & Purdues to win it occasionally.

The two best teams in the country will play for the championship. What more can you ask for?

I get why they don't have a playoff for the FBS schools. Bowls are better for the division & for the schools. There will not be a playoff in the FBS in the near future, if not in my lifetime. Love what we have now. It could be worse...

I root for Ohio State because thats my Alma mater. No offense but its always easier to root for more than one team. I'll stick with Ohio State no matter what. When their down thats ok because when they are up again its that much sweeter. I don't have anything against Wisconsin like I do Michigan, but I will not root for them. They are a rival and you can't call a team a rival and then cheer for them.

I'm not going to harp on Bama for getting a second shot. My major problem with them being in the game is the fact that LSU beat them. If they beat LSU by 3 what will that prove? Their both national champs? College footballs system already sucks(imho). You give a team a second chance that did not win their confrence. Hell they didn't win their division. Then we have Virginia Tech getting a BCS game? That makes perfect sense. So because they will sell tickets they deserve to be in the Sugar Bowl? Boise would have sold a lot of tickets too. So would Kansas State. I know for a fact their fans travel. I was at the Fiest Bowl in 2004 and they travel real well.

Oh well I can bitch and bitch but nothing will ever change. That is until they piss off the SEC and Big Ten at the same time.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Wouldn't it make more sense to have Boise State in the Pac 12, not a eastern division?

I agree!

Makes even less sense for San Diego State which is about as far west as you can get without hitting water. I'd say a name change is in order. Maybe to Conference USA since they're absorbing all those teams.