2017 Movies & Tv Show

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Wolf, Dec 31, 2016.

1. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

couple of notes about shows i'm watching.

1-the walking dead season wasn't that great overall. there is one new character i like, the king, but not much else. the season opener was great but all downhill from there. next season should be good and hopefully there will be many episodes that focus on war between groups.

2-big little lies on hbo was very good. a 7 ep mini series and entertaining all the way through. also, nicole kidman is super hot in the show and gets naked a bunch.

3.-homeland has been interesting this year. i remember clair being on stern last year and saying that the show airs before they are done filming all the episodes. i've been thinking a lot about that this year because it seems to me that when they started writing the show they thought hillary would be president so they picked a woman to be president elect on the show and play a "hillary type". but as the season went on...and the writers adjusted to real life events, it appears to me that they have turned that character into less of a hillary and more of an embattled president right off the bat. not exactly a trump, but certainly not a hillary either.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  2. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Seeing a woman president on Homeland re-triggered my depression.

3. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I watched Legion and really enjoyed it.

The Feud has been OK so far. They don't know how to end an episode, though.

4. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Fast Money?

5. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

this new netflix rating system is for the birds.

oh and they claim it's just a coincidence that they make this move like 2 weeks after schumer's new special got like a million 1 star votes and it made a bunch of news.

6. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I saw "They Call Me Jeeg", an Italian take on comic book movies. Very good. It was the first meeting of Drafthouse Houston's Film Club.

The first rule of Film Club is don't talk during the movie.

I also saw "The Blackcoat's Daughter" tonight. I enjoyed it. Maybe for the wrong reasons. Not sure what normal people see in films like this.

scotchandcigar and HecticArt like this.
  7. scotchandcigar

Oh I get it. Haha. :rolleyes:

8. scotchandcigar

The Louis C.K. stand-up act, which I saw in Boston recently, is out on Netflix, called 2017. I thought it was great stuff.

HecticArt and JHDK like this.
  9. scotchandcigar

10. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

scotchandcigar and HecticArt like this.
  11. scotchandcigar

London/Population

8.674 million
    (2015)

JHDK likes this.
  12. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

oh.

well, looking on the bright side, he did triple his box office.

scotchandcigar likes this.
  13. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Today I saw "Gorgo" (better than I remembered), "Gamera vs Guiron" (probably the best Gamera film), "A.P.E" (horrible piece of junk) and "Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack" (very good, but not enough Mothra).

scotchandcigar likes this.
  14. scotchandcigar

The Homeland season finale was last night. I was going to link to a review, but even the link displays with spoilers. Anyway, an intriguing season.

JHDK likes this.
  15. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

like i said a few days ago i still enjoy homeland a lot. howard mentioned how it was kinda out there this season and i agree with him. even the final episode took a hard turn that seemed to me like the writers were grasping at straws to set up a plot line for season 7 but it's still a fun watch and i will tune in again next year.

also, there are tons of stories about how mandy patinkin is a huge asshole to everyone he works with but i don't care because saul is by far my favorite part of the show.

16. scotchandcigar

I think it was somewhat more focused with more of a story-line this season, compared to last season. I was ready to bail last season; watching the show was like studying for a test. One of the more annoying things this season (for me) was that the character (obviously) modeled after Alex Jones was too much of an imitation; the voice was ridiculous.

17. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

the quinn story line last year was insane. he got sarin'ed by terrorists (that part was cool) but he only met the terrorists when he was trying to kill himself under a bridge after being shot in a totally separate story line. while under the bridge some guy just randomly walked up to him and took him to a make shift terrorist hospital in the middle of germany.

18. scotchandcigar

The whole thing last season with the end of Carrie in Germany (was that last season?) and the guy running the philanthropic organization coming-on to Carrie, and Saul is good - no, Saul is bad, no... - and Dar is bad - no, Dar is good..., well that was too much for me.

JHDK likes this.
  19. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

20. scotchandcigar