2018 Movies & Tv Shows

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I dig most of Soderbergh's work and he just put out a 6 part crime drama mini series on HBO called Mosaic. It's good and I recommend watching it. It's about a famous author (Sharon Stone) who was murdered in a small, rich town and this one cop who tries to solve it when new evidence comes to light 4 years after another guy plead guilty to the crime.

Anyway, my two main takeaways are Devin Ratray plays a great flustered cop:

Devin-Ratray-Mosaic.jpg

buzz-home-alone-zoom-41291701-2e7c-4460-b5ec-b45d44ec5a0b.jpg

And he's the dick older brother from Home Alone!!! I haven't seen him in much since then and he's really good!

Also, Beau Bridges is in it and plays a maybe corrupt cop. Turns out he looks exactly like Don Johnson:

MV5BMjA5MTY4NzEzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjgyNTIz._V1_UY317_CR5,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

a93c21d1075dbfdb99cc804a23d6bbf1--nash-bridges-don-johnson.jpg

They look like the same guy right?

Last edited:
Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I dig Big Brother. It's one of silly reality shows I get a kick out of watching. I started watching the new Celebrity Big Brother tonight and it's fun. They got a few pretty good celebs like Mark Mcgrath and Ron Artest. Before I started watching I saw a few articles like this:

‘It’s Bad’: Omarosa Cries Through Description of Trump White House on ‘Celebrity Big Brother’

The interesting thing is these articles seem to take her seriously or mock her for being serious. Omarosa is only famous for being a good reality TV contestant. I don't think a word she says or can be viewed as anything other than a play for the cameras. That's what she does.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Last night I saw "My Bloody Valentine" and "My Demon Lover". It was a Valentine's Day double feature a couple of days late.

"My Bloody Valentine" would be a standard holiday linked horror film, except for all the Moosehead product placement and location shots inside a real mine. The killer is a miner. His victims are Canadians who celebrate Valentine's Day.

"My Demon Lover" is the best and worst of the 1980s. It's the story of a homeless man who turns into a monster when he gets a boner, and the low self esteem woman who tries to fix him.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I want to see Black Panther this weekend, but it mostly sold out. Instead, I got hold of a couple of tickets this Tuesday during the day.

Plus I just bought a digital copy of Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. I'll check that out later today.

Last edited:

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Tonight I saw "Cleo from 5 to 7", an Agnes Varda film from 1961. Normally I avoid French films, but this one was free. I also had a free popcorn voucher. Great film. Lots of slice of life stuff from Paris in the early 60s. Lots of eavesdropping and pics of random people on the street. It's 2 hours (almost) of Cleo's life, 5pm to 7pm, while she's waiting to hear the results of a biopsy.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'm looking forward to Annihilation and will likely go see it on Tuesday, my theater's cheap day.

Annihilation

I was worried with it being a February release but it looks like it turned out well enough. Ex Machina was so much fun it made me a fan of director Alex Garland.

Not sure If I talked about this before but my theater, a Cinemark, is in the process of getting recliners in all screens. They have been doing it one half of the theater at a time and the first half was just finished. It's really nice. They put of these kinda partitions between the rows so if you have no one else in your row it feels like you have the place to yourself since you can't see any of the other rows. Even better, they didn't raise the prices!

There are 3 theaters near me. The Cinemark is the closest one so that's the one I always went to but there is a Regal and an iPic. The Regal is super old and run down but they have had the reclines for a couple years now. But it's not stadium seating so I don't really like it. The iPic has stadium, recliner seating but is the fanciest of the 3 and thus the most expensive. Now that my Cinemark is getting these upgrades it further cements it as the best theater option in town.

Reactions: MadisonRadio1

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I saw Jumangi again earlier this week in a theatre with the recliners. Really cool.

I have a theater down the road from me that has recliners with reserved seats. It may cost a couple of extra dollars, but I prefer going there than any other movie theater now.

Reactions: JHDK

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I have a theater down the road from me that has recliners with reserved seats. It may cost a couple of extra dollars, but I prefer going there than any other movie theater now.

The cost for 3 of us going to the movie was less than the cost of 1 of us here in Canada.

Reactions: Wolf

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
The cost for 3 of us going to the movie was less than the cost of 1 of us here in Canada.

Movies are super expensive in Canada, or is it cause you are in a big city like how LA and NY are more expensive down here?

The normal theater is like $10 bucks, but the recliners and reserved seating is $12.

I keep talking about the cheap day and it really is a good deal. Every Tuesday, all day long, movies are $6. On regular days matinees still aren't that bad, around $7.50.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Movies are super expensive in Canada, or is it cause you are in a big city like how LA and NY are more expensive down here?

I keep talking about the cheap day and it really is a good deal. Every Tuesday, all day long, movies are $6. On regular days matinees still aren't that bad, around $7.50.

A movie in Canada costs about $11-16 depending on the feature (3D, AVX, DBOX, IMAX, etc.). I think the theatre we went to played almost second run movies so may have been discounted. And we did go on a Tuesday. Maybe it was a sale price.

I think its cheaper on Tuesdays here too.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Movies are $10 at the Alamo. Except Film Club and Graveyard Shift, which are $5. And all movies are $5 on Tuesdays.

And I have Moviepass. $90 for one year and I can see one movie each day.