2021 Movies and TV Shows

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Ok, fuck me again. So they are handing out bread and the human beings look like animals begging for scraps. I bet that's the type of shit Hendrik had to do at first.

Then the soldiers had to figure out a way to feed them slowly as to not kill them from over stuffing and they have to go back into the camp for their own protection. I didn't know the Jews had to deal with that too. My dad told me those stories.

Thank Christ he didn't have to deal with the chambers and ovens. 6 fucking million weren't as "lucky".

Sorry I go on about this over and over...it seems I like cry about it more than my dad actually did. I guess it's kinda the saying that you live a hard life so your kids can be soft.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Yup. Switched over to Dark Knight Rises. Haven't watched that one too many times.

The good, dark, superhero, Nolan, pure fiction feels is what I could use right now.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
while there is no doubt Lorre knows how to please an audience...that audience is far from me
None of his other shows have appealed to me. I watched two episodes of Big Bang, and even being the IT geek I am, it still didn't entice me. I liked one scene somebody showed me from Young Sheldon, but it wasn't enough to hook me in.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Ok, fuck me again. So they are handing out bread and the human beings look like animals begging for scraps. I bet that's the type of shit Hendrik had to do at first.

Then the soldiers had to figure out a way to feed them slowly as to not kill them from over stuffing and they have to go back into the camp for their own protection. I didn't know the Jews had to deal with that too. My dad told me those stories.

Thank Christ he didn't have to deal with the chambers and ovens. 6 fucking million weren't as "lucky".

Sorry I go on about this over and over...it seems I like cry about it more than my dad actually did. I guess it's kinda the saying that you live a hard life so your kids can be soft.
It was bad. Almost as bad as members of Congress being asked to wear masks.

None of his other shows have appealed to me. I watched two episodes of Big Bang, and even being the IT geek I am, it still didn't entice me. I liked one scene somebody showed me from Young Sheldon, but it wasn't enough to hook me in.
TBH, I'm an engineer and I can't stomach the 30 seconds I see when I tune in for the next show. People love those shows (including my kids, and people here), but I can't handle them.

However, I have enjoyed (at times) 2 1/2 Men, Mom, Mike & Molly, and now Kominsky.

Reactions: sadchild

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Almost as bad as members of Congress being asked to wear masks.

Talk like that will get you elected in Georgia. Or at least you can start a shop in Tennessee.

1622578571844.png

Because, as we all know, those things 100% equate to each other. Really though, sitting home, playing on wifi for a year and wearing a surgical mask in Walmart is in a lot of ways worse than what our relatives had to go through during a World War. We are the true survivors.

Last edited:

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
fuck me dude...it' that episode.

It's a fucking tv show and it still manages to give that sinking feeling of sorrow and despair. And I just sat through like 7 hours of these guys dying horrible deaths and yet it's still harrowing. I mean I know they are all actors but man. This shit is rough. Like really rough.
Why We Fight and Breaking Point are the two that are hardest to watch. Even still, I know that what they showed was nowhere as rough as it really was.

When I was in Germany, I visited the Sachsenhausen camp. Walking in the trenches, and seeing the chambers and ovens in person haunts you.
Sachsenhausen concentration camp - Wikipedia

• Wow
Reactions: sadchild

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I've decided to start Outlander over. A Scottish nurse hottie post WWI goes into the highlands and travels back in time. It's a girly love story show but it's Ronald D. Moore's outing after BSG. It's quite entertaining.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I've decided to start Outlander over. A Scottish nurse hottie post WWI goes into the highlands and travels back in time. It's a girly love story show but it's Ronald D. Moore's outing after BSG. It's quite entertaining.
We tried that a year ago. Gave up on the 4th consecutive episode where the guy's hand was a crushed, bloody pulp.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Typing it in this thread because it deals with watching movies and TV.

Samsung TV. Sirens, music, gunshot sounds are audibly way louder than people talking. TV has equalizer settings.

100Hz
300Hz
1KHz
3KHz
10KHz

Do I move these to the left or right of center to equalize the volume?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Turn everything up full and wake up the neighbours.

I have no idea. It always seems that speaking is always more quieter than anything else. Try recording a show with this problem and wathing it several times adjusting the settings. Eventually you will find the proper setting.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Typing it in this thread because it deals with watching movies and TV.

Samsung TV. Sirens, music, gunshot sounds are audibly way louder than people talking. TV has equalizer settings.

100Hz
300Hz
1KHz
3KHz
10KHz

Do I move these to the left or right of center to equalize the volume?
OK, first, let me assume a few things:
- The sound is coming right out of your TV (not a home theater receiver and separate speakers);
- The TV doesn't have left, center and right speakers, but just one (or maybe 2 for stereo)
- There's no other control for speaker levels

If all that is true, the vocal range is from about 200hz to 2khz. So the ones that would bring it out are 300, 1k, and 3k. I assume left is less, and right is more. The 300hz one may help, but it may also accentuate some of the sounds you're trying to reduce, so listen carefully to that. The 100hz is definitely for bass, so it would only affect music and gunshots. The 10khz will make the overall sound brighter (or tinnier).

It may work best if you leave 100 and 300 alone (or reduce them), and increase 1k, 3k, and 10k. That's basically the "old person" preference.

Reactions: Aaron and HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
F.

Just started The Pacific. See you all in like 8 hours...and my life is going to be a lot more sad.