72% Surveyed Want Ala Carte, 54% Don't Want Espn, 47% Don't Want News Channels

Discussion in 'Cable & Video' started by Jon, May 9, 2015.

1. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Nowadays I'm looking at which services I need more and cutting costs even further. Netflix is pretty much by default, Amazon is covered yearly (and is more a byproduct of the Prime shipping which would be worth it without the streaming) HBO Now has a lot of stuff I don't watch (but has some stuff I do like the Wire, which is also available on Amazon) and I'm giving Starz a try for a month to see if it's worth it.Hulu may be an option but that's a lot of network TV which I don't watch anymore, but they have a pretty good movie selection. I could just wind up with Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and buying movies on iTunes along with some of the free stuff on Apple TV once it's all said and done.

2. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

I went cableless recently with our new fiber optic internet plan, I have Netflix, Hulu and have a small collection in my Amazon library. I've been leanin more towards Hulu lately with their 25 minute classic shows. Otherwise I konk out with longer shows or movies. I've been either pre occupied or too tired lately.
    But i'll be using Netflix more soon.

3. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I purchased MLB.TV for the year, but I'm already regretting it since the signal cuts out every so often. Even during the busiest times it hasn't done that on any other service, Netflix, HBO or Hulu. I've pretty much gone without viewing sports since it isn't available to cord cutters anyway, the services that are don't have the local teams, I may just try the UFC app and see how that works for the big fights. The Broncos are still OTA but even that I'll probably quit watching since Manning retired, and I've gone so far as unplugging my OTA antenna and just using the Apple TV.

4. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Netflix has been looking ghosty lately. I'm not sure what's up with that.

Sent from Tapatalk

5. MadisonRadio1

Do you get the DVD's in the mail or the streaming

6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Streaming.

7. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Some assembly required

8. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Just subscribed to BritBox and am in the free trial, after which you'd pay $6.99 a month (cheapest service out there so far!) It's a collaboration between iTV and BBC, lots and lots of old British TV shows, Prime Suspect, Fawlty Towers, Are You Being Served?, no Doctor Who, but I think Amazon holds the rights to that in the states.

Now it's Netflix, Amazon, Britbox and iTunes. I also switched from AT&T to Verizon so I might check out NFL mobile this season.

9. MadisonRadio1

Do they show The Avengers with Mrs.Peel

I'm looking forward to Season 2 of Netflix Love on Netflix.

HecticArt likes this.
  10. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Worth the price of admission alone. :bow: