AJA suspended

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
@NASCAR
AJ Allmendinger has been suspended indefinitely from #NASCAR for violating the sanctioning body’s substance abuse policy.
As outlined in rule book, #NASCAR will provide Allmendinger a letter outlining a process for reinstatement.
By agreeing to the letter, he will be allowed to participate in the Road to Recovery Program. #NASCAR

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
Statement from Waldinger Racing:
“This was not the news we wanted to hear and we will work to get to the source of what may have caused this. To that end, we have secured the services of an independent lab to conduct thorough testing on every product within AJ’s home and motor coach to find what might collaborate with his test, which created results that were within nanograms of accepted standards. We are working closely with NASCAR and Penske Racing to identify the next action steps in this process. We continue to be extremely grateful by the breadth and scope of support for AJ from his fans and partners. We would like to again thank NASCAR, Penske Racing and all our sponsor partners for the open communication, and for helping us at every step in this process. We expect to have further updates in the upcoming days.”

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I have nothing against AJ. I hope he can overcome his addiction & come back to racing in the near future.

I like Roger Penske, but I don't like what he did to Kurt Busch last year.

Looks like both have found themselves in less than desirable situations this year. The only bright spot for Penske is K-low.

As much work & money Penske has put into racing, to never have won a Cup championship says a lot about the organization.

BTW, I use Mobile in my truck. I would never use Shell products.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk 2.0 :)

Ruaidh

Oct 15, 2008
Does anybody think Allmendinger would have lost his job if he had been able to convince Penske that it was unintentional? I'm sure Roger gave him every opportunity to explain and, to me, this can only mean that he did indeed partake of some illicit drug.
Too bad but the mess with a bull, you get the horn.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Does anybody think Allmendinger would have lost his job if he had been able to convince Penske that it was unintentional? I'm sure Roger gave him every opportunity to explain and, to me, this can only mean that he did indeed partake of some illicit drug.
Too bad but the mess with a bull, you get the horn.

I think if he had really taken something unintentional, it would have come out in the test.

He got busted. He's probably just a recreational user. Didn't think he'd get caught.

Oh well.

I bet Brian Vickers will be in the car next year.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I'm thinking Logano will be in that car in 2013.

That would be interesting. Penske has been a blackhole. Kesalowsky seems to be the only driver Penske has had that is gonna come close to winning a championship in a long time

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
ae9a2c00-4191-cf5d.jpg

Imagine how much Pennzoil spent on marketing A.J.

Two drivers in two years. Now they have a driver that used to be a Mobile1 driver. Their competition.

I have to think Penske & Pennzoil were hoping A.J. was going to be a long term thing. As much as I like Hornish, I don't think he's the answer.

Four manufactures in 20 some years. No Cup Championships. I don't know if I would want to go to Penske. If I were Logano, I'd try and stay at JGR. Let someone like Sadler go drive the 22.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Sam drove the Pennzoil car in the .1ndycar league

Yeah. The #4 Panther Racing car. Won two championships for them. He was courted by DEI, but decided to stay in open wheel.

But that was a looooooooong time ago.

I bet Shell Pennzoil wishes they stayed with RCR...

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Very sad. I have a hard time seeing this with AJ, he had to fight so much harder for his place in NASCAR why throw it away. Really hope he gets back in.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Now we have to wait for NASCAR to respond to that statement. Like they did with Mayfield.

Why would you take anything that a friend would hand you? He's a NASCAR driver. He should be smarter than that. Should be.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
Now we have to wait for NASCAR to respond to that statement.

They responded to it in the article.

"A NASCAR official said NASCAR does not dispute Allmendinger's story, mainly because it is information the sanctioning body does not have. Spokesman David Higdon said NASCAR is unaware of the specific substance Allmendinger took, other than that it was an amphetamine. Higdon said testing won't reveal the brand of a substance."