Albums You Had Forgotten About

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
That song pops into my head sometimes. It's still fun. It was catchy enough back in the day, and it wasn't overplayed, so it's easy to listen to now.

Last edited:
Reactions: sadchild

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Doing research on Keifer Sutherland for today's WAI clue, I noticed the Keifer had a producer listed.
I didn't know he needed a producer, but I recognized his name; Jude Cole.
Currently, Jude produces Keifer, Lifehouse, a few other artists, and does some songwriting and the occasional soundtrack.
Back in 1990, he released his first solo album. It's sort of rock, blue-eyed soul stuff.
The lead single back in 1990 was titled Baby It's Tonight.
My band back in the day used to play it. I don't remember if we managed to play it at one of the handful of parties we did, and I'm sure it never made it to one of the few pub sets we shouldn't have done. It was a fun, and forgotten, song.

Reactions: Aaron and sadchild

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
That's a great song! A forgotten gem (I've probably heard it once or twice on SXM 90s, but it should be all over Pop Rocks).

I also liked a single from his next album, "Start The Car" (not as much as "Baby" but still good).

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
That's a great song!
It’s got a good structure to it. He knows how to give a melody space to breathe so that it stays interesting, while not losing the groove. It was another of the CDs I never re-ripped. I should dig it out again.
I also liked a single from his next album, "Start The Car"
I must have had that one on cassette. I know it well, but don’t remember hearing it a lot. If it was on the radio, it probably wasn’t on for more than a month or so.

Reactions: sadchild

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Every now and then Eddie Trunk will talk about Loudness. A buddy from High School used to play them all the time.

I don't know how I never managed to pick up Taken by Force. The Scorps were one of my go-to bands back in the day. :\m/\m/:

Reactions: semipenguin

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Forgotten Song:

3rd Bass "Pop Goes The Weasel" (1991)

Written about Vanilla Ice (portrayed by Henry Rollins in the video). The radio edit heavily samples "Sledgehammer" and also has some "Eminence Front" in there. Was a top 30 hit. Rarely hear it, except for when I play it from my MP3 collection.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Forgotten Song:

Elvis Costello "The Only Flame In Town" (1984)

I said this somewhere else a while ago, but for posterity's sake .... I had long forgotten about the Elvis Costello/Daryl Hall collab "The Only Flame In Town" for decades. If I remember right, I rediscovered it one week while doing a "Won't make the top 40" list and had an 'oh yeah this song!' moment. I don't love it, but I should have heard it once in a while over the last 30+ years because it's pretty good.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
While listening to the local FM radio station and their 80s Friday night, they played a song that I don't think I have heard since the 80s. Usually their 80s music on their 80s Friday night is quite predictable (and enjoyable). Their 80s long weekends do go a bit deeper.

I could also post this in the awkward monologue thread.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
While listening to the local FM radio station and their 80s Friday night, they played a song that I don't think I have heard since the 80s. Usually their 80s music on their 80s Friday night is quite predictable (and enjoyable). Their 80s long weekends do go a bit deeper.

I could also post this in the awkward monologue thread.
I’ve never heard it. It’s rather awkward.

Here’s one of the first videos I remember seeing on MTV. Sometimes they play it on First Wave.