Albums You Had Forgotten About

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
The video (not the music) of Blancmange reminds me of a mix of Duran's "Rio" and "Hungry".

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I thought that song was a lot of fun. I always liked it.
I used to work next door to a record shop, and would stop in pretty much every day and made friends with the owner. He gave me a lot of cut-outs, samples, and singles. He gave me that song on a cassette single.

Reactions: sadchild

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coverdale–Page

Prior to the formation of the duo, Page's former Led Zeppelin bandmate Robert Plant had been reluctant to reunite with Page.[8] In interviews at the time, Plant expressed some derision at the guitarist's collaboration with Coverdale, referring to the project as "David Cover-version".[9][10]

"David was really good to work with," Page noted. "It was very short-lived, but I enjoyed working with him, believe it or not."[11]

On 25 June 2019, The New York Times Magazine listed Coverdale–Page among hundreds of artists whose material was reportedly destroyed in the 2008 Universal fire.[17]

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
This morning after looking at some chocolate, this song popped into my head. It was on one of my CMJ CDs back in the 90s. Never pursued the band but always liked this tune. Quirky like upbeat Beck.

I'm reading about them now (for the first time). Guess they had some success before this song including a #1 CanCon Chart song and Juno nomination. I'm listening to some of their more successful songs and they aren't grabbing me, but I definitely like "Chocolate Bar". From the same album, their song "Tennis Ball" was in the film Baseketball (by the creators of South Park).

Reactions: Aaron and HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
That’s pretty fun. I vaguely remember it. It reminds me of some club/electronic songs from the era with the beat and groove, minus the synths.
Their song titles are fun too. They remind me of Brick from Anchor Man with the “I love...lamp” scene.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
This morning after looking at some chocolate, this song popped into my head. It was on one of my CMJ CDs back in the 90s. Never pursued the band but always liked this tune. Quirky like upbeat Beck.

I'm reading about them now (for the first time). Guess they had some success before this song including a #1 CanCon Chart song and Juno nomination. I'm listening to some of their more successful songs and they aren't grabbing me, but I definitely like "Chocolate Bar". From the same album, their song "Tennis Ball" was in the film Baseketball (by the creators of South Park).
I have 2 of their songs digitized ("Anna" and "Denial") from one CD . Never heard this one before.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
A while ago, 70s on 7 reminded me of Meri Wilson. The local rock station WAAF used to play one of her songs (the morning show had a comedy day or something, I forget).

WAAF used to play this one

70s on 7 played this one, which I hadn't heard before (and explains the opening line of the above song "Here we go again...")

Reactions: HecticArt