All Things Amazon

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Alexa is cool. This morning I checked on Athena and noticed my TV was on. I guess she stepped on the remote at some point. I keep the blind open when I leave so she can look outside. I have a screen on the window that prevents anyone from seeing in during daylight hours but if the room is lit at night anyone can look right in. Not a huge deal but my bedroom is on the parking lot side and I don't love the idea of anyone being able to look in and see no one is there.

I figured it would be fine until thurs or fri when I go home but then I remembered I have my TV synced w/Alexa so I was able to turn off the TV by telling the Alexa phone app to do so. Cool beans.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
So you're both a student and a first responder. Nice.
Haven't been a first responder in a few years, I was in health care for a while but quit before Covid got started (timing was impeccable!), wanted to be a cop for a while, but decided against that.

I'm now working for a government contractor in IT. And going to school to get my degree in Cloud Computing.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
That's ridiculous. The main boat is a football fiend and a quarter.
If the other boat can carry a helicopter, it ain't no dinghy.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I'm pretty sure I mentioned that when I first uncovered my Weber grill this year, I saw that critters had been nesting in it. There was a bunch of bedding made of leaves, in both the grill tub, and behind the doors below. I removed it, and then used the grill. Well, when a strong breeze came along, the flames from the burners started reaching into the front panel where the control knobs were. This caused a fire inside the panel, as apparently there was bedding in there too. That burned the wires that go from the ignition button to the electrodes that spark the burners.

The next time I used the grill, of course the igniter didn't work. I checked out the control panel, and it has a bottom plate with 2 screws that were pretty much frozen. So I just used one of those hand-held lighters. But eventually, Mrs. Scotch was threatening to order a new grill if I didn't fix it.

With the right amount of force and patience, I was able to get the bottom plate off, and motherfucker, it was full of bedding again! I was removing the bedding when the occupant (a small mouse) dropped out. I eventually got the entire ignition out, and it looks like this replacement, which I ordered from Amazon ($41).

1620828048991.png

It wasn't too difficult to install, and now all 4 burners light right away. It's like a new grill!

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I'm pretty sure I mentioned that when I first uncovered my Weber grill this year, I saw that critters had been nesting in it. There was a bunch of bedding made of leaves, in both the grill tub, and behind the doors below. I removed it, and then used the grill. Well, when a strong breeze came along, the flames from the burners started reaching into the front panel where the control knobs were. This caused a fire inside the panel, as apparently there was bedding in there too. That burned the wires that go from the ignition button to the electrodes that spark the burners.

The next time I used the grill, of course the igniter didn't work. I checked out the control panel, and it has a bottom plate with 2 screws that were pretty much frozen. So I just used one of those hand-held lighters. But eventually, Mrs. Scotch was threatening to order a new grill if I didn't fix it.

With the right amount of force and patience, I was able to get the bottom plate off, and motherfucker, it was full of bedding again! I was removing the bedding when the occupant (a small mouse) dropped out. I eventually got the entire ignition out, and it looks like this replacement, which I ordered from Amazon ($41).

View attachment 7020

It wasn't too difficult to install, and now all 4 burners light right away. It's like a new grill!
I had spiders webs in one of my old grills. I fired it up to preheat it once. When I came back outside to scrape the grill, and turn the heat down a bit, I reached for the knobs, and realized they were on the ground.....melted....... I looked under the grill and there were flames shooting out from the firebox to the control panel, and I could see that the gas hose was on fire. I turned the gas off at the tank and sprayed everything with the garden hose to cool it off. I was checking things out to see what the damage was, and the hose snapped off. I'm thinking it would have only been about a minute before the hose would have burned through and I would have had a flame thrower in my yard.

Always check your grill for spiders.

Wouldn't a new grill have been easier?
That's the more expensive / less manly option.

• Wow
Reactions: scotchandcigar

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
In 1904, Marcus Loew founded Loew's Theatres, the first theater chain in the United States. In 1924, he created MGM by purchasing Metro Pictures, Goldwyn Pictures and Louis B. Mayer Pictures. And in 2021.......

• Wow
Reactions: HecticArt

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Two days ago, French tycoon Bernard Arnault, whose LVMH corporation owns several luxury brands including Fendi, Givenchy, Tiffany, Christian Dior, Louis Vuitton and Dom Pérignon, surpassed Jeff Bezos as world's richest man. Arnault's net worth reached $186.3 billion, $300 million above Bezos. And now Bezos will become a "chair." What a neat trick!

• Wow
Reactions: sadchild

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Two days ago, French tycoon Bernard Arnault, whose LVMH corporation owns several luxury brands including Fendi, Givenchy, Tiffany, Christian Dior, Louis Vuitton and Dom Pérignon, surpassed Jeff Bezos as world's richest man. Arnault's net worth reached $186.3 billion, $300 million above Bezos. And now Bezos will become a "chair." What a neat trick!

And this is when it all goes south.