Alternator Noise In Stratus Radio. The Noise Seems To Be Related To The Aux. Power Source.

Discussion in 'Sirius Plug and Plays' started by the other bob, Dec 23, 2014.

1. the other bob

the other bob Member

There you go.. did not think I could do that ....lol bob

2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Good deal Bob. Glad you're sorted out.
    So what was the Din shelf?
    Never mind. I used the Google.

3. the other bob

the other bob Member

Can anyone tell me what a Din Shelf is??? bob

4. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I googled it, because I didn't know either.
    The din is the number of bays tall the radio is.
    the shelf is just what the unit sits in/on.
    What is a 2 DIN Car Stereo?
    [​IMG]

5. the other bob

the other bob Member

The guy says "got home and pulled the radio and the H2A...." Does he mean the radio, is the Becker CDR, and the H2A is the Sirius radio? So, what is a H2A??? He talks about inductance issue and something pumps out a good amount of noise..... Yes the Porsche system is fiber optic. It caries a laser warning.... The Becker CDR is broadcast to the instrument panel. You see the station you are tuned to on the speedometer if you so chose that. bob

6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

The googles show it as an older Kenwood radio.
    [​IMG]

7. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

My first radio.

HecticArt likes this.
  8. the other bob

the other bob Member

The Becker CDR 24 story has ended...... I talked to Becker and asked if they wanted to solve the ground loop error and they have resigned..... they refunded my last payment that in reality was far less than a third of my expenses and not counting my time of chasing down phantom reasons they suggested.... The bottom line .... their aux plug will work for ipod type devices but the Becker CDR24 while running with Sirius presents conflict. For the final decision ,I took the car to a Porsche authorized radio shop. He inserted a ground loop isolator, He also removed the radio and looked at how Becker hooked up the aux in the radio and declared that there was no conflict with the Porsche power supply and that it was a ground loop problem in the Becker CDr24 itself. He said that the ground loop isolator was a band aid and that the problem was the Becker work was improperly performed. Hilariously, not surprising... the radio sounded great at the shop. From 1 to 10, a 2 as far as interference........... but just as every time I had worked on it and thought I had tickled it just right.... a few miles down the road the interference returned to a 4 of ten.......... Oh and I forgot to mention the Becker fix places the radio in mono ....no stereo......... So... If anyone knows of a new radio replacement for the Becker CDR24 that looks stock/or at least complimentary to the Porsche dash area give me a post ...please.... Thanks ....bob

9. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

At least now you know for sure. Sorry it's not a total win for you yet. Keep up the good fight.

Sent from Tapatalk

10. the other bob

the other bob Member

Thanks .......... bob