Another 30 day Free Internet trial

puddychains

Jan 19, 2012
I would think Sirius wants people using the trials to see MySXM. I assume it gets released to the app in the next few days. It wouldn't make sense to me to release an improved app after the trial is over.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
I would think Sirius wants people using the trials to see MySXM. I assume it gets released to the app in the next few days. It wouldn't make sense to me to release an improved app after the trial is over.
I think the 30 day trial is to get more feedback for MySXM before they release it, but who knows?

puddychains

Jan 19, 2012
You are right, who knows? You would think they will offer a free trial after the release also. That would be a lot free trials getting rolled out in short time. I wonder with Liberty now running things if we don't see the web & app rolled into the sub price at some point. With the space getting crowded on the dashboard it would a good sell to the consumer that everything is 1 price. Instead of looking at the app and saying "I have to pay more?" a customer would say "yeah, I got that". Everytime a company charges small fees to include something they already do, you get a bad taste. Simple is almost always better.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
You are right, who knows? You would think they will offer a free trial after the release also. That would be a lot free trials getting rolled out in short time. I wonder with Liberty now running things if we don't see the web & app rolled into the sub price at some point. With the space getting crowded on the dashboard it would a good sell to the consumer that everything is 1 price. Instead of looking at the app and saying "I have to pay more?" a customer would say "yeah, I got that". Everytime a company charges small fees to include something they already do, you get a bad taste. Simple is almost always better.
You don't think the purpose of the 30 day trial could be to gather more input to enhance the features of the new player before they officially release it?

puddychains

Jan 19, 2012
Yes, I do think is a good idea. I hadn't thought of it until you said something about it. I also think they will to want get the app in people's hands once it is released.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I am not giving them a credit card or having to deal with calling to cancel before they start a regular subscription. If there was a way to cancel online, but they require you to call. Just not doing it!