Anthony Cumia Fired From Siriusxm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salesman

Jul 27, 2011
Depends on what the topic is, and why it needs to be categorized in a particular way.

For instance, the Asian math club. Is it something in their Asian blood that makes them good at math? No. Anyone can do that. Is it in their culture to make education a priority? Yes. Is it unique? No, anyone can do that. Are there Asians that suck at math? Sure. Stereotypes aren't always true, even if some people make it look that way.

Sent from Tapatalk.

You're absolutely wrong. There are races that have certain traits. The differences aren't all on the outside. You're either real PC or ignorant.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
You're absolutely wrong. There are races that have certain traits. The differences aren't all on the outside. You're either real PC or ignorant.
Not at all. Apparently, based on your reaction, my brain can handle a much higher degree of rational thinking than your can. I'm only slightly PC. More than 10 or 15% PC seems to get ridiculous to me. Again, at different times, for different reasons. The world isn't black and white my good man......

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Is anyone here an anthropologist? Or at least taken some courses on the subject? Man has been categorizing or cataloging his fellow man for some time. Why? I think he simply has way too much time on his hands now. With all this free time he now finds it reasonable to differentiate between every single quality of our beings. Don't our differences make us all special? I think it'd be boring if we were all one race, culture, whatever. Do we really have a firm grasp on what race is? To even discuss it rationally? I was just at Glacier national park. The animals there have been cataloged for their sometimes even minute differences by man. Do you think they really give two sheeits? They see predator and prey.What do humans see when we're confronted with a human that seems different?

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
The question was for Salesman, and it's about the traits that aren't on the outside.

But epicanthic folds aren't isolated to a "race". They are tied to genes. Read that Wikipedia article. They occur in the San people, some Europeans and people with trisomy 21. Having Down syndrome doesn't make you Asian.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Geo's on the right path.

And we've established the fact that people look different. Fair enough and so what. Going back to Anthony's rant, should his anger have been directed at a race of people, or the particular individual that was an irrational bitch to him? Is there something in the DNA of any particular race that gives them the exclusive bitch trait?

Sent from Tapatalk.

Reactions: Ehilbert1

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
The real question is, why do you need to go through life always trying to make this case? What good will it do you if it's proven that Asians have better dexterity, or Africans have denser muscle mass? It just makes you an Archie Bunker, immediately categorizing everyone before you get to know them. And what's up with the "PC" accusations every post? Can't any of us express our opinions, without you labeling those too? Of course we can all see the differences in people, both in appearance and in the traits that are stereotyped; but we're not 7 years old, we don't need to point at people and ask mommy questions about them. It all comes down to treating people the way you'd like to be treated.

By the way, I think I already know the answers to the questions I posed, and it's not pretty.

Salesman

Jul 27, 2011
I'm done with this thread because no real discussion can take place about this without getting banned here.

Have a good day and may all of you be blessed by having black people move next door.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Wow, a bona-fide racist! Don't know if I've even seen a real one like this before. Good thing Anthony Cumia has people like you on his side. :eek:

I have some back woods asshole racist family members from West Virginia. It's a sad sad reality.

Hey Salesman.... My best friend who was black died in my arms in Afghanistan fought for your right to be a racist prick. He was a good man that had this white guys back every time we went on a mission. That is why I don't see color. I will take a black person moving next to me any day over you.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I have some back woods asshole racist family members from West Virginia. It's a sad sad reality.

Hey Salesman.... My best friend who was black died in my arms in Afghanistan fought for your right to be a racist prick. He was a good man that had this white guys back every time we went on a mission. That is why I don't see color. I will take a black person moving next to me any day over you.

Sorry. That had to suck :(

In the Corps, everyone is green ...

Reactions: Ehilbert1

Salesman

Jul 27, 2011
Am I racist? I treat all people as equals but it doesn't blind me from seeing who commits most of the violent crimes in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.