Any way to back-up playlists in XMP3?

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
I would like to do a "reset erase back to factory" on my XMP3, but I would hate to have to go through and make all my playlists again. Any way to back it up like the recording sessions? Maybe something in XM2GO?

xzi

Jul 2, 2009
I would like to do a "reset erase back to factory" on my XMP3, but I would hate to have to go through and make all my playlists again. Any way to back it up like the recording sessions? Maybe something in XM2GO?

You can definitely backup the recording sessions, it's in the 'sys' folder when connected to a PC. There is other stuff in there, too, not sure what else you can back up.

You cannot back up any songs, though. Just some settings.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
You can definitely backup the recording sessions, it's in the 'sys' folder when connected to a PC. There is other stuff in there, too, not sure what else you can back up.

You cannot back up any songs, though. Just some settings.

The real question is can you copy that back to the XMP3 after you have backed it up? The SL2's stuff is visible too but read only.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
The real question is can you copy that back to the XMP3 after you have backed it up? The SL2's stuff is visible too but read only.

yes. extremely helpfull.

i figured it out anyways. I made the playlists on my MicroSD so it didn't really matter if i did a reset erase on my device. Not sure about playlists on XMP3 though